quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a very long day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genevieve

Quit Date:
February 6, 2008

PostPosted: July 30, 2007 8:51 AM    Post subject: a very long day Reply with quote

Good morning to all, Very Happy

It seemed as if the day would never end. I was so tired and everytime I had a urge I woud drink water. My worst part of the day was after dinner, by then I wanted no more water. I just wanted the day over.

But you know what, I am here, I made it through the day and I feel a little more wiser now that I have done some reading.

Today I have made battle signs, placed them all over the house. I liked what Kevin said about choosing NOT to smoke. My choice. These words enpower me.

With pen, paper, water and a lot of deep breathing, I am ready to face this day.

A great day to you all Very Happy

Genny

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 30, 2007 9:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Genny!

Your day sounds very similar to mine! I love the positive vibes coming from you!

Hour by hour, day by day - we WILL get there! Very Happy
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 30, 2007 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each day will get better! I suggest (which was suggested to me) that you write a letter to your future self during the worst of your craves. This is to remind yourself how you never, ever want to go back to that place again. The idea being that like such events as child birth or trama, our brain will "forget" how difficult it is to overcome the initial cravings of nicotine. Later, it is helpful to have a written reminder of those intense moments.

Congrats on Day One of the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 30, 2007 9:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Genny. When I first quit I was incredibly tired. All I wanted to do was sleep. I finally gave into it and started going to bed very early. I decided that if I was sleeping, as least I wouldn't be smoking. Good luck to you. It will get better.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Genevieve

Quit Date:
February 6, 2008

PostPosted: July 30, 2007 10:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning again,

Thought I would jump on this puter while I can.

My husband plays on line poker most of the day and the only way I can get on is when I bop him over the head or while he is in the restroom.

But the sweet man went to the store to get me some Cranberry juice, I read that it will help me with the engergy level. I was just sitting on the couch looking at my breakfast dishes, just looking, drinking my water and hugging my pillow Crying or Very sad

Alleghany you have a very good idea, writing out how I feel when the urge hits. I think I will like the future me Very Happy

Carla, I sure can relate to sleep. You are right, sleeping instead of smoking, hmmm, sounds good. Those dishes will just have to wait.

Serenity, we are partners Very Happy we will get there, hour by hour, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really trying a new approach to this quitting, I do not want to dwell on my negative feelings, they are there if I recognize them. As my son tells me, Mom just flip your quarter over and see the other side.

A good day to all,

Genny
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: July 30, 2007 1:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your son is very wise! And you are rockin' this quit!! Boogie! Boogie!

For me, the first few days I needed to be busy (even when I didn't feel like it). So, get to doing those dishes and tell yourself that you are giving yourself the greatest gift anyone could give... the gift of life! (and a clean house Wink )

I tell myself every day that I have a choice. I choose not to smoke today. (Yes, they are words ripped off,.. er.. borrowed directly from Kevin.) But, hey, why re-invent the wheel, right? Just don't smoke today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

Keep up the GREAT work!! We're all pulling for you... Very Happy

~nichole
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 30, 2007 1:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's normal to feel fatigue when you quit. I did too. And yes, I would dive into the nice comfy blankets and take a snooze whenever I felt like it..well, if the others in the house didn't need my attention. Wink Laughing

This is temporary, and it will pass in a week or so, maybe two. Then like Nichole said...get busy and stay active. Also keep the mind occupied and focused so it doesn't drift into Scowling Demon nicodemon territory. An idle mind will and can play tricks on you about wanting a cigarette. It takes some practice to train it to focus, but it can be done. And before you know it...those thoughts and urges to smoke are less frequent.

Stay at it...you are doing it!!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 31, 2007 2:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jenny,

Sleep is good. It sounds like you made it through the day. Congrats to you.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: