quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sick Pet & sick myself!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 21, 2007 4:23 PM    Post subject: Sick Pet & sick myself! Reply with quote

Just want to let everyone know I am forced by circumstances to stay off the computer again for part of the time. Sad I will try to be here at least twice a week, and definitely once a week.

My dog had the most severe diarrhea I have ever seen in a pet, and was throwing up on Saturday night. Normally I don't panic over a dog getting diarrhea, and I have stuff to treat him at home, and usually if you feed them rice and boiled beef, and I give him some Tylan powder or Albion (sort of like that stuff humans take for diarrhea) and he is fine.

But I did panic and went to the pet ER which cost $346.00. Then his vet follow-up cost $289 or something like that. I had cleared up the diarrhea yesterday myself, and thought he was OK, now it is back.....I know it is the food she wanted him to eat! I am going back to the rice, etc. He had extensive blood work done, and it was all normal....no diseases or even infections.

On top of that I have had bad, bad week from that Epidural Injection I had last Monday. Finally was allowed to see my PT and she helped a lot, but still a lot of pain. She wants me to go ahead with the next one this coming Monday, but she is sending her recommendations to the doctor, and he WILL read it.....no one ignores her....she is very well-known here. BTW: If the Epidural Injections fail, I could be looking at back surgery, so it is important to give them a chance.)

What happens is that I do not sleep if I get on the computer at night and start posting. Last night I never went to sleep at all. There really is something about the computer.....don't know why it jazzes my brain, but it does. I even use it deliberately....play a game or something quickly....to speed up my thought processes when I get up in the a.m. (NOT a morning person Rolling Eyes ).

The Living Room was destroyed when the dog got sick....I have used a gallon of "Nature's Miracle," but rug will need steam vac also, and I can't do it. Also, now desperate for money because of these vet bills.

Sorry to dump everything here, but just so you know the situation.

I'll post on this thread how things go from time to time, and I'll try to catch up the Congrats and Intros as I can, and answer as many posts as I can. It just won't be fulltime again. I am so sorry. I love it here. Cool Very Happy But even as I'm writing (in the daytime) my back is hurting horribly and I need to be lying down.

Newbies: DO NOT SMOKE!!! I won't invite you to anymore of my big, "cake" parties if you do! Wink Very Happy

HUGS TO ALL!!!

Margaret
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 21, 2007 5:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

Bless ya heart!!! Big Hug Girl!!! {{{{{Margaret}}}}}

I can only imagine the intense back pain. Hope it gets better soon, and hoping that you won't need surgery.

Hope little poochy feels better soon also...and stays better!! As far as carpet cleaning....You might try treating the areas with Resolve spot carpet cleaner. I use it on the pet stains here and it's great stuff.

Get better Dear!! You'll be missed!

Love ya and Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 21, 2007 7:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope you're both back to normal soon, margaret! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: August 21, 2007 7:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Margaret, I feel for you Crying or Very sad Hope both you and poochie are better real soon. Take care of yourself! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Essie
4/14/04
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 21, 2007 8:05 PM    Post subject: ditto that Reply with quote

Oh Margaret, sorry to hear you and the dog are not well... take care of both of you.... sending best wishes for two speedy recoveries..... I always hate it worst when my baby doggies are sick so I know it makes your own recovery and rest tough....

Sending hugs and get well soon wishes to you both

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: August 22, 2007 6:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

A speedy recovery to you both
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: August 22, 2007 7:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always love your posts. Hope all is well soon.

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 22, 2007 8:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there, Margaret. Sure hope life begins treating you better -- you've sure had more than your share of problems.

Rest and do whatever it takes to get your back healed. Just know I'm here and thinking about you.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 22, 2007 3:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care and take it easy....do whatever you need to do...if you don't take care of yourself - no one else will....

Sending good thoughts and prayers for healing for all involved...
((((MARW))))

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 24, 2007 1:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so very much, all who answered!! I apologize for not answering you individually at this time, but I have a huge Migraine and must get offline.

You have no idea how much your thoughts and prayers help!! They do!!!

Casey my lovely pet dog is still sick! If he does not get better, I have to do something. Don't know what....another vet? Probably another x-ray of his intestinal track.

I am a little better....seeing the PT tomorrow, and having the next shot on Monday.

Love to all! Smile

Margaret
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: August 24, 2007 6:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

marw wrote:
Thank you so very much, all who answered!! I apologize for not answering you individually at this time, but I have a huge Migraine and must get offline.

You have no idea how much your thoughts and prayers help!! They do!!!

Casey my lovely pet dog is still sick! If he does not get better, I have to do something. Don't know what....another vet? Probably another x-ray of his intestinal track.

I am a little better....seeing the PT tomorrow, and having the next shot on Monday.

Love to all! Smile

I hope your both better soon!
Perhaps your doggie needs anitbiotics?
Maybe an infection in the intestine?
Is he drinking? Dont want the poor thing
to get dehydrated.
If you dont like (trust) your vet, I
would go to another.
good luck with everything.

My avatars name is moon ray
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 24, 2007 2:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Casey.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 25, 2007 2:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barbara, Pinkpearl and Everyone!

I do like my vet, but she doesn't seem to be getting results. He is drinking water and eating and acting OK. But his bowls are really bad....not getting better.

I'll give it a few more days.

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: