quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1 day 20 hr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 8:00 PM    Post subject: 1 day 20 hr Reply with quote

Well, feeling okay at this evening. Still feeling like I am just pissed off. I am also really tired! But, I feel like posting so, here goes......... I picked up my daughter today from visting with her father. I have to drive like 1 hour and 15min. We meet half way to where he lives. I was really worried about stopping and buying cig. Because last time I did! That was when I bought some smoked half and threw the pack out the window. Well, I am proud to say I made it! I craved big time while driving....OH BOY were they HUGE cravings but I kept on driving. I had the music so LOUD Laughing I didn't stop at all! I can say that for the second time I am proud of myself for choosing not to smoke. Yesterday in my other post, I said I turned down a cig from a friend and told her I didn't smoke anymore! So I was really proud to make the choice not to smoke! Razz I just want to feel like myself again. I do not feel like I am me right now. Is that suppose to happen??? Confused Like I don't feel in control of my body either. I am incontrol of what I do or don't do, but it's werid hard to explain! Don't even know if it makes any sense??? Rolling Eyes Okay enough rambling.....I feel better as far as not so pissy Embarassed Cravings come and go but I keep fighting!!! they will go away wether I smoke or not!!!!

I have been quit for 1 Day, 20 hours and 30 seconds (1 days). I have saved $7.33 by not smoking 36 cigarettes. I have saved 3 hours of my life.

Cool Cool

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
leen

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 8:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy You go ! You are doing just fine. Yes you are going through the ride now and it will get better but we all know the feeling of not being in control but in control. It will go away soon. Just hold on the roller coaster is just filling up and soon it will be take off. lol
Hang on you are doing great. I was once told that it would feel like I was standing on top of the washer machine while it was on it's spin cycle. lol
You will feel that way but it will go away. ttyl

aunt leen
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 8:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! Smoking gets so deeply ingrained in us that when we don't smoke any more, it's like we are becoming a new person. We are discovering all over again who we are. It will take a while to get comfortable with ourselves.

Tom

No more in 04!

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 8:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as long as you know you are in control and that you have the strength over the Laughing Demon then you've got it made. You are sounding sooooo much better than you have previously keep it up! It will pass!
John
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 9:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer,
What you are feeling is totally normal. You can do this. You are doing this! Just keep doing it.

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 9:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart beats really fast and I have to take deep extra breaths. It's like a panic attack. I'm hot , cold, hot, cold! I dunno what that's all about? Oh yeah and dizzy!! I experienced this before but it helps to write about it and post!! Don't like being dizzy and like I am off balence? WERID!!!

My mind is still telling me "just one, just one" and I am saying NO! I CAN'T HAVE JUST ONE. I DON'T SMOKE ANYMORE!! I called the voice a dirty little name even though it is my thoughts...lol Laughing

I have been quit for 1 Day, 21 hours, 29 minutes and 26 seconds (1 days). I have saved $7.58 by not smoking 37 cigarettes. I have saved 3 hours and 5 minutes of my life.

Cool Cool

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 9:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Jennifer!! No not one puff!! you can do it! I am so proud of you. I know you will make it this time. No more struggles for you--you can do it and I know you want it bad!!! Not much longer until your 72hrs is over. One craving at a time. Dizzy because of low blood sugar- get some fruit juice and eat small healthy snacks throughout the day. It will pass when the 72hrs is over. I am so hoping for you Jennifer. Don't let Laughing Demon fool you into thinking 1 puff is okay- think how miserable one puff will feel on the inside after working so hard. Praying for you!!!!
Barbara - Free and Healing for Nine Days, 21 Hours and 47 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 18 Hours, by avoiding the use of 218 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $32.71.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 10:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, You ARE doing great! All of the things you are experiencing are normal. It will peak by the 3rd day. Keep drinking lots of fluids and ya know I remember I bought some of those dried cran-raisins to munch on that helped too. Sleep extra, Treat your body as though you have the flu. Lots of rest, fluids and keep posting. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 12, 2004 10:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot beleive how well you are doing! You keep that quit going! It is so encouraging to hear that you survived the drive- I KNOW you were concerned about that. Just spend tonight holding your baby girl and remember that by quitting, she will be MUCH less likely to smoke.

You are doing the right thing for you and you are doing it well!

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 13, 2004 9:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're doing great, Jennifer - just keep posting about what you're going through; it makes it easier when you know that others have gone through the same thing before, doesn't it?

the key is just riding it out. there's nothing all that unusual in what you're experiencing. if you go to whyquit.com, you'll find articles about what to expect when you quit, and why certain things happen; it's all perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

just ride it out; pretty soon, you'll find a new "normal".

promise.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: