quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Getting Nervous and Excited
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nosmoex

Quit Date:
July 4, 2007

PostPosted: September 2, 2007 11:30 PM    Post subject: posts Reply with quote

One pack of cigarettes contains 20 lies that you bought....One pack of "posts" is free! Very Happy
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: September 3, 2007 9:17 AM    Post subject: Re: posts Reply with quote

cute quote. I think you can do this even though you arent sure.
I know that because you mentioned that you (I cant think of the words
you used now) will fail the first time. YOU MAY NOT!
Arrange your furniture again today and keep busy.
I never thought I could quit. I smoked for 28 years (or more)
and I don't think of it much anymore and its only been 2 months.
When I drink, thats a different story, so I just dont drink much now.
I am still staying away from triggers when I can, although for me just
getting in my car was a trigger, talking on the phone, going outside for me was a trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try to remember that the urges will go away in a few minutes. you will want one today for sure but dont give in. keep busy, drink water, read at whyquit.com or kevins tales, and post post post!
You can do this, I know you can.

Nosmoex wrote:
One pack of cigarettes contains 20 lies that you bought....One pack of "posts" is free! Very Happy

My avatars name is moon ray
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 3, 2007 9:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful what expectations you set up for yourself, kate: you said earlier in this thread that you accept the possibility that you wouldn't make it your first try, but what expectation does that set up for you?

suppose you decided to go to florida: there is a possibility that you wouldn't make it on your first try (and, if you're flying, i'd sincerely hope that that possibility would not come to pass Wink ), but would start out your trip with that thought? i'd guess it wouldn't even occur to you to do so, because (presumably) you're looking forward to going to florida.

for better or worse, we tend to live up to (or down to) our expectations; if you're anticipating that where you're going on this trip (freedom from your addiction) is going to be better than where you've been these many years (slavery to your addiction), wouldn't it be more fun to start out by expecting to get there?

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: