quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Being Ganged up On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 5, 2007 5:25 PM    Post subject: Being Ganged up On Reply with quote

Hi all,

I had my meeting today at Goodwill where I had been going to MS Office classes on the average of 3 times a month. The meeting was in response to an email I had sent to my teacher about an employee/friend of hers that hangs out in the class with her and jokes and carries on with the teacher. The teacher, her supervisor, and his supervisor was all there as the teacher involved them by forwarding my email to them and then I went up the ladder of command when the teacher did not respond to me in about 3 business days.

Well, the teacher, her supervisor, and his supervisor, all stood up for the teacher and turned the tables on me and put me on the defensive by attacking me. Things were thrown at me like I need to come to class more often, if I'm that sensitive to noise maybe I should be moved to the back of the classroom. All of them seemed focused on attacking me and not on the issue at hand that we were there for the meeting. I stood my ground and asked them to please stick to the issue. The teacher kept saying there was more than one issue and both her and her supervisor lied. All three of them asked me who was the lady I was referring to who was in class disrupting the classroom with the teacher over and over because I did not know her name. The teacher denied any such person. My Dept. of Rehab. counselor was there and had to calm me down after awhile as that was the 1st time he spoke up. Later he told me in private he understood me being upset and that I handled it well as could be expected. He is two faced though.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: September 5, 2007 9:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are woman -- Hear you roar! Ugh, Barbara, I'm sorry you had to go through that. But good for you for sticking up for yourself!

Rusty

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 5, 2007 9:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens again, get her name and make sure the teacher and other classmates hear you ask for it......why can't they just do their job and teach...if they screw up apologize...??????
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Nosmoex

Quit Date:
July 4, 2007

PostPosted: September 5, 2007 9:46 PM    Post subject: meeting.... Reply with quote

Bar-K... I'm with Rusty about sticking up for yourself...Way to go! I'm also with Cowgirl Up! about getting names and junk...in front of others who are not 'involved'. Make SURE of everything and kick their hind-ends!

Return to the nest of thy quit often. For a nest without the heft of its maker is soon undone, fodder to the wind. RSA/'07
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: September 6, 2007 8:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay is right. They're working for Goodwill Industries and should behave in a much more charitable manner. Do get their names and don't let them walk all over you. You're too special to be walked on.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 6, 2007 11:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Everyone,

I sent an email late last night to the CEO of Goodwill and now will see what transpires from there. Of course it may be awhile before I hear from him.

Thank you all for your support.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 6, 2007 5:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, barbara! you can't let these people push you around, or they'll just keep doing it.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 7, 2007 8:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: