quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DAY 3 - Hangin On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 13, 2004 11:42 AM    Post subject: DAY 3 - Hangin On Reply with quote

WHEW, where do I begin? Rolling Eyes Cravings really strong today. and I expected that! I am still feeling pissed off and dizzy. I don't think I am eating enough. I really don't feel like eating even though some people say when you quit all you want to do it eat. I don't want to eat. I will have to force myself to eat!! I just feel kinda duhhhhh....like in another world and someone else is running my body, I'm just here. Heart still beating really fast! taking deep breaths all the time. wooooooo Confused just kinda werid! I am not myself today. I am trapped in someone else's body. I love to say " I QUIT SMOKING" I have to keep telling myself that because my body and mind still thinks I do! I really just want this day to be over with! I wish I had a punching bag, I would hit it so hard!! okay rambling, sorry......I will check in later! Confused Confused Confused

I have been quit for 2 Days, 11 hours, 31 minutes and 31 seconds (2 days). I have saved $9.91 by not smoking 49 cigarettes. I have saved 4 hours and 5 minutes of my life.

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 13, 2004 11:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen:

Go ahead, PUNCH something! POST A HUNDRED TIMES!! Do whatever, JUST DO NOT SMOKE! You coming down the home stretch on the physical addiction! Get through this day however you can.

We are ALL rooting for you. We ALL want you to keep posting, so we will know how you are doing. You are not in this alone.

Tom

I have been quit for 5 Months, 1 Week, 5 Days, 11 hours and 24 minutes (164 days). I have saved $616.77 by not smoking 4,934 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 3 hours and 10 minutes of my life.

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 13, 2004 12:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, I used to call it my "alternative non smoking being". Whatever, it's pretty normal. Just try to make sure you get enough small snacks to keep that blood sugar level up. Do whatever you have to do....just no smoking!

You can do this, and you know it!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 13, 2004 1:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer-
GREAT JOB- This may be the toughest day, but you are stronger- just keep counting down to that 72 hour mark. YOUR BODY WILL BE FREE OF NICOTINE! Incredible thought huh? After 72 hours, the only way your body will ever have nicotine in it again is if you choose it. Lots of water- water bottles are great cause it gives you something to suck on other than a Laughing Demon stick.

Make sure you do eat- I have found Vanilla ice cream to be one of the best things in the world- a little bit of honey, cinnamon, and caramel on top and you have a big sticky mess (Dulce De Lece) that is sure to drive away any crave- try it I swear it works!

Hang tough and keep posting!

Joshua

I have been quit for 4 Weeks, 12 hours, 21 minutes and 40 seconds (28 days). I have saved $119.76 by not smoking 798 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 18 hours and 30 minutes of my life.

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
mikegeorge

Quit Date:
May 30, 2004

PostPosted: June 13, 2004 11:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer, try all the sweet stuff. Juice if you don't feel like eating or even just some cool water. Keep it up and good luck.
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 2:17 AM    Post subject: Hang in there! Reply with quote

Jennifer,

Hang in there! You are doing great. I remember the first few days and even the first week of my quit I felt like I was in a fog but the fog does lift and you will feel better soon!

Drink tons of water and do try to exercise, even a brisk walk will sometimes help to clear your head.

Just remember, one craving at a time, one minute, one hour and one day at a time! You can do this! Very Happy

Jeri
Seven months, one day, 1 hour, 17 minutes and 18 seconds. 6421 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,345.06. Life saved: 3 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours, 5 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: