quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2007 2:05 PM    Post subject: I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me Reply with quote

Not sure where this belonged so I put it here.
I blew it, I tossed my 7 month quit out the window. Crying or Very sad
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it yet. Life has been trying lately.
DH told me yesterday that for the last 6 months or so I have been mean
nasty, rude, quick to take offense and a million other things that all add up to me being a total bi-zitch. I haven't been happy and I guess it all came out. I qut for him, not me. So now I have to decide to do it for me.
My plan for now is to see my doc and maybe get some welbutrin. I heard that works for depression and smoking. So anyhow quit buds and budettes, I am sorry that I wasn't stronger. I'll peek in and check on you all. Keep it going guys and I hope to be back before too long Sad
Miss you already
*hugs*
Allie
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: November 5, 2007 2:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your quit. 7 months is a huge accomplishment. as far as the wellbutrin, i've taken it before and it worked well for me. the worst part was coming off of it though. my insurance stopped covering it after so many months, and i stopped rather quickly. you're supposed to ween yourself off. i'm not sure if it's easier weaning yourself off, but i wouldn't want to go through the coming off it again.
hope to see you back here soon!

jenny
machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: November 5, 2007 2:17 PM    Post subject: don't kick yourself Reply with quote

Don't kick yourself. Life is going to go on-and there is another day-just pick yourself and start again.

People aren't perfect-we slip, we make mistakes and we can be bitchy. H... if I had to quit being bitchy and quit smoking-that would have been the pits.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2007 2:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty mean too... heh.. maybe I still am. Okay... now I'm the kind of mean that's just in my nature... for the first six months I think I was especially mean, grumpy, lacking in a sense of joy and happiness - not "devoid" of it, but certainly challenged in that area. I think it might come with the territory? Whatever the case, good luck!!

-Zuzu
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2007 4:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allie,

It's hard when relapsing. The demon brings in on in many ways...and our emotions is one of the biggest ways I personally know of. Yeah, been there, sweetie! Whatever you do don't give up on getting and staying quit!! And you do have to quit for you...you've got that part right! It's something only the person quitting can do. It's what in the heart. Think through the reasons you lapsed and re-look at the good things about not smoking. And search your heart!

You have to be happy and content with the decision to quit. I truly believe that with all my heart. You have to "want" to quit....not "have" to quit.

And when you recoop and pick yourself up....Kevin has the light on just waiting for you! And we're here for you always.

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 6, 2007 3:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

allie...just never quit quitting...it might take a little practice and a couple of tries - but learn from the lapse/relapse and pick yourself up, dust yourself off - develop a new plan and try again...when you are ready - but just never quit quitting....and know that it is possible....and you CAN do it! We'll be here when you are ready to go again....

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 6, 2007 11:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

get back on it, allie. for you.

http://quit-smoking-support.woofmang.com/viewtopic.php?t=1437

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
phalstar

Quit Date:
October 30, 2007

PostPosted: November 6, 2007 4:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did make it 7 months, so don't forget that you've done it before and you can do it again, maybe with a few tweaks this time around.

About wellbutrin, for a long time I was on antidepressants (I seriously did need them >.<) anyhow, I haven't been on them for a couple of years (i'm not a very compliant person...). What I'm saying though is I think it's done a 1, 2 punch kind of thing for me. The lessened physical withdrawal and probably helped with the anti-depressant effect, especially since I feel I probably never should have gone off them =P Obviously I may just be totally full of it (or its some sort of placebo effect) but that's what I think about how it's affected me.

Anyways if you think it's something you want to try, see what you doc says, what have you got to lose if it'll help you achieve what you want to achieve.
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: November 6, 2007 7:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep on quitting! Its the best thing you can do, just jump right back on it, thats what I did... and going through it now. I'm still reflecting on everything that led up to my quit, but the most important thing for me was to come clean again and not smoke...b.c it just leads to more smoking!

you can do it!

Follow Your Bliss
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: November 6, 2007 10:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this. I have confidence in you so get back up on that horse and ride it to victory...

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: November 12, 2007 2:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Allie.. We're all pulling for you. Don't quit quitting!!

~nichole
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 12, 2007 3:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Allie, I don't think it says anywhere that you have to leave because you smoked...don't leave the site ...you need it more now than ever....keep reading the posts and posting what is going on with you...it will help I am sure...I don't think anyone would have ill feelings about you staying close and figuring it all out.
Isn't that what we all did when we came aboard...posted and figured it all out?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
janesgirl912

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 12, 2007 10:56 PM    Post subject: relapse Reply with quote

Pick yourself up and go back at it! I am on my second quit now and wish I wouldn't have given up the first time. You shouldn't let this slip get you too down. Maybe you need to make some changes in your life as well as checking out the meds. Definitely see your doctor though! I will be thinking about you! Christy
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 14, 2007 7:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys *hugs* I haven't left. I been sneaking peeks. Just haven't posted. Got back today from a week in Gladwin. F in law passed away on the 8th and it's been a little emotionally charged ... all the Drama of Gladwin. M-in-Law is arriving here on Friday to live with us for the winter, she is not happy about that at all but damn! she's freaking 90.. not about to leave her home alone.
I hate that I caved. My hair smells my clothes smell. Working towards my own quit of my own. The date is yet to be determined but I am determined to quit.
Deb you are beautiful!
Love you guys,
Allie
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 14, 2007 8:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllieCat wrote:
Working towards my own quit of my own. The date is yet to be determined but I am determined to quit.

{{{{{Allie}}}}}

Hugs Girlfriend!!

You've are going through alot right now. And it'll be an adjustment with your mother-in-law living with you. Be sure to really pamper yourself right now. You deserve a rest and break from everything you are facing...even if it's just locking the bathroom door, turning on some music, light some candles, and treat yourself to a nice long soothing bubble bath.

When you are ready to quit....you will do it. What you said in the quote about being determined...that is what it takes, no matter how many times you have to retreat and start again. Keep those dreaded thoughts on how awful smoking is and remember the good about being free, and one day, inside, you will know and it will happen! Wink (And peaking here helps!! Wink Smile )

And thanks!

Love ya, Allie....I'm so glad you posted and let us know how you are!!

Love and Huge Hugs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: