quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What the.?!!@!%

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 2:24 PM    Post subject: What the.?!!@!% Reply with quote

Okay- I knew the other shoe would drop but little did I know it would feel like a kick in the ---. This seemed way too easy from the beginning and this morning I woke up feeling miserable and depressed and totally not wanting to do this anymore. I will make it- I know I will but this sucks and I just had to say it. Laughing Demon attacking the mess out of me. I don't even know if I really would want a smoke, just want to beat something up-something not someone- really am not violent which makes it worse. Plus it is raining outside and so dreary. I will get through this- I would hate myself If I smoked plus kids would be so dissapointed and husband would be angry. Guess I will take kids to the library and maybe go workout at the gym- maybe that will help. Thanks for listening.
barb Crying or Very sad

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 2:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, if this was an easy thing to do, well more than 5% of smokers who try would stay with it. Not easy, but possible. It sucks...you're right....big, big time.

Workout sounds like a great idea to me. The one thing that really helps me with urges/craves/stress.....is exercise. Now I'm no Ahhhnold, but I do try to take my dog tiger (aka fatty) for a 1 mile walk every day possible....and then I Bow Flex either every other day, or every day if I feel up to it.

Bottom line...it sucks, but it's a temporary suck. You just have to face it, attack with something alternative...and do anything you need to ....BUT NOT SMOKE!

You CAN do this.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 4:12 PM    Post subject: Need a Punchin' Bag? Reply with quote

If there's a pool at your gym - jump in. Did that yesterday and it sure relieved stress. There's also just something about water that just is so soothing.

Kaye

You're doing it - you quit! Great job.

You're going to be so ready when you hit the 3-week mark. That's such a major milestone.
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 5:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you guys. Just sitting here thinking. I know what is going on now. I am having my first bout of pms with no smokes- hope that does not offend- but did not count that as a trigger but it is a big one. It helps now that I know what it is. I will make it. I am so thankful for this website!!! Such a lifeline for me!!
Barb

Barb
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 8:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just got to go for workout. I did 30min on the treadmill and made 2miles. that did help- Also Margaret you are so right about warm things- they are so euphoric and calming- right now indulging in a warm cup of decaf coffee. Makes me so calm. I will post on staying quit- just did not want the men folk to be offended. But I suppose you are right- More of the newbies need to be prepared for this one. Thanks!

Barb
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 10:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, Good for you for not smoking and identifying what the trigger was. You are doing great. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
MrsGreatly

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 12:48 AM    Post subject: Give yourself a pat on the back Reply with quote

Hello, Barb...Thank you so much for this posting...I love to see what other people do when Laughing Demon comes with his bad breath and tries to get you in his talons again.
Good on ya for getting up and getting out.
I've found that crying sometimes helps...it cleanses you, it comforts you...and gets you past the urge.
When my kids were babies and would cry for hours I would sometimes just cry along with them...as they got older they would stop crying and just look at me like I was nuts...
Or...sit on the sofa with two middle fingers in your mouth...the other two can be used to gouge out your eyes if you like...and just rock back and forth...
But you had a much better idea...you got out of there...didn't sit and feel sorry for yourself...you've got lots of guts, kid...keep it up.
And please keep posting...you helped me today and I thank you for that
MrsGreatly

"If you have two loaves of bread, sell one and buy a flower; for the soul too has need of nurturing."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: