quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 9:32 PM    Post subject: sick Reply with quote

so i got my first bad cold of the winter this week, to the point where i had to take yesterday off of work. had a few observations. day 3 of being sick, and i have a little cough, but it's not the usual bronchitis i get when i'm sick. my throat was sore, but that went away in 2 days instead of a week. i'm feeling much better after just 2 days of being sick.
one thing i noticed that did not make me happy, the first day i was sick i got really bad craves. i think it might have just been that my head was really foggy. maybe it really wasn't a "crave" just an uncomfortable feeling.
also i've had a horrible time sleeping the last few days, since i've been sick, and when i do sleep i haave horrible dreams. dreams that i'm smoking. and they seem so real. and i know that i shouldn't be smoking, but it's like i forget that i quit and then realize it when i'm almost done with the cigarette. the panic that i feel in these dreams is so real. maybe just because i'm so overtired by the time i actually get to sleep, i dont' know
sorry to be rambling on and on. had to vent about all this crap thats just been bugging me for a few days. stayed home yesterday and ended up with lots of time to just sit around and think, and sleep (hence the dreams)... didn't even mean for this to turn into a negative post Rolling Eyes anyway to get back to the positive stuff, i actually think i'm almost over this cold in less than a week! that is something that has not happened for me in 15 years. scary thought!

jenny
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 9:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a terrible cold recently. I had to call off work on Halloween! that sucked.
Glad you feel "on the mend" already Smile
I havent had one in alittle while, but I have had those smoking
dreams too.
Your doing great in your quit, Keep it up.
Hope your feeling better by the weekend!
p.s Ramble all you want!!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 9:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

feel better soon, jenny! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: December 7, 2007 7:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jen....glad you are getting better, and again, I'm so amazed at how our bodies heal so quickly even after our years of abuse. My husband just got over a cold too (he no longer smokes either) and his usual one week of misery was four days...
Hope the dreams slow down for you....the smoking dreams can be so awful when you're going through them, but can crop up every now and then for a long time....but it is such a nice relief once you realize it is only a dream....
Glad you're on the mend....Patty
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 7, 2007 10:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're feeling better, Jen. Take care of yourself.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: December 8, 2007 3:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the positives at the fore-front of your mind and tell all those negatives to leave you alone! I wish you pleasant dreams - keep kicking old Laughing Demon out of your thoughts...and fall asleep thinking good thoughts to steer your dreams in positive directions. Glad you are feeling better so quickly! A definite benefit! Keep it going Jenny!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: December 10, 2007 8:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much for getting better so much sooner! the sore throat did go away pretty quick, but now it has turned into this awful cough and i have no voice. my chest and back are actually hurting from coughing so much! i shoulod be staying home today, but i just started the job in october, so i hate to call in sick twice in less than a week. ugh.. just want to get better...

jenny
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 10, 2007 10:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jen!

Chin up! Smile Hubby has a terrible cold that is just hanging on also. And he never smoked. There are just some wicked colds and flus out there that just seem to take it's sweet own time to leave. Sad Hope you get to feeling better soon. Prayer said for ya!

Big Hugs and a Tissue too! Wink Love ya!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: December 10, 2007 11:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlynn931 wrote:
so much for getting better so much sooner! the sore throat did go away pretty quick, but now it has turned into this awful cough and i have no voice. my chest and back are actually hurting from coughing so much! i shoulod be staying home today, but i just started the job in october, so i hate to call in sick twice in less than a week. ugh.. just want to get better...

jenny

that last cold I had hung on forever.......
there is alot of that around. maybe you should
see a dr if not feeling better in a day or 2?
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: December 10, 2007 10:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys. will definitely be going to see a doctor if this doesn't clear up soon. today i had absolutely no voice. hoping it comes back tomorrow. otherwise it's going to be difficult to even call the dr Rolling Eyes
going to try to get to bed early and sleep this thing off...

jenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: