quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

extra days
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: December 11, 2007 6:21 PM    Post subject: extra days Reply with quote

I was just thinking--which is probably dangerous--BUT I have 83 days free of cig which if the calulations are correct I have 5 days (+ hours, minutes, seconds) added to my life. Smile

I don't really have any difinate plans for those extra 5 days--however it is like a bonus and I may want to some day cash in on those extra 5 days Very Happy . I know 5 days doesn't seem like a lot of time to some of the younger ones on here-but when you are old--those 5 days can mean alot.

Sorry I am getting away from my thought process here Embarassed --What do I do or say to whoever I meet when I die--Do I present my ticket for 5 extra days? See I am thinking I will die of something not smoking related-like a car accident-- Crying or Very sad someone will go through the cross walk and hit my wheelchair and I will go flying through the air-well before I hit the pavement and am splattered all over I want the person (or persons) keeping track to know I have those 5 extra days!!! Rolling Eyes
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 11, 2007 7:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing You are hoot!! Wink

Well, don't know about cashing in "extra day tickets", but I've always viewed the extra day counter as extra time I've used in total not smoking and doing something else Wink The counter is based on the amount of time spent actually smoking one cigarette....so each cigarette not smoked is the time that would have been spent smoking. Just like the money...it's money that would have been spent on cigarettes, but now is spent on other things and somewhere else...which on both of these..time and money...I've not a clue to where it all goes!! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

But like the way you think...nothing like saying....hey...here are my stay on earth a bit longer tickets!! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 11, 2007 8:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gave me my laugh for the day. We're probably close to the same age, Machias. I've racked up a little over 5 months saved. Surely we'll get some good out of that extra time. I like the way you think. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: December 12, 2007 12:38 AM    Post subject: No I saved mine Reply with quote

No--No Deb--with your logic it should read "time spent doing something else". But it says TIME SAVED. Confused

Example: You put your monthly pay check in your savings account (e.g. $10,000) you subtract rent, electricity,etc. at the end of the month the bank doesn't say you saved $10,000- you saved what was left after you had paid the bills. Well, if you are using that time you were smoking doing something else then you haven't saved it --you spent it the same as you did on the bills. Therefore you have nothing saved and foolishly wasted that time you could have saved for when you were struck by the semi-truck (hopefully not your husband's-that is a whole other story). Rolling Eyes

I on the other hand have stood prefectly still and not moved a muscle during the time I use to smoke and now I have SAVED that time for later use. Smile

Jo-maybe we could share your extra time--I think you should keep me around longer Wink Who else can explain these difficult concepts?
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 12, 2007 12:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Ok, Machias! As you say Wink But, that just opened up a whole can of worms about the money saved...cause I know, I've not seen any of the money "saved". Not a clue to where it's been spent!!Very Happy Laughing Laughing ...oops, I mean saved. Hey, so where's the person we go to and say...hey, here's what I've saved...I want cash please! Laughing Laughing Now, that would be a great Christmas bonus! Cool Laughing

Oh well, now I have to change my whole quit counter wording to spent instead of saved. Very Happy Well, may not have any of those tickets to cash in after being run down by that semi (not hubby's for sure)...but sure have enjoyed spending that time I should have been saving up Wink

Girl, just what would we do without you!!!! Very Happy

Hugs
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 12, 2007 10:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

machias, your plan reminds me of the character in catch 22 who had a plan to make his life longer by cultivating boredom; he figured that, even if his life didn't turn out to be any longer, at least it would seem that way...

Wink

btw: i'd been curious for some time where they came up with that "life saved" figure they quote in quit meters (like the q-gadget at quitnet), and i did some research - it's not actually life saved; it's life not thrown away (or life taken back, if you prefer):

statistically speaking, smokers lives are shorter than non-smokers lives by an amount that works out to around 11 minutes per cigarette smoked, so the formula they use for their "life saved" number is the number of cigarettes you used to smoke per day times 11 minutes times the number of days you've been quit.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: December 12, 2007 11:44 AM    Post subject: Happy Reply with quote

Happy days are here again!!!!! Cool

Wow Kevin you have made my day Very Happy --Not only do I get the 5 days for the time I did nothing during the time I use to smoke and saved that time NOW you are telling me I get an other 11 minutes of life for each cig I didn't smoke--

Hey Man (women) who was taking me to the great beyond--get out of my way -I get alot of extra time here!!! And whoever you are-you need to recalulate-I know I was only a 6 cig person a day= 6X11=66 minutes a day BUT had I continued to smoke I was going to become a 3 pack a day person Embarassed so you should be calculating 60cigx11 minutes=660 minutes a day=Oh yes happy days are here again. Smile

Deb-Deb-Deb=must I figure out everything for you-the money is there you just haven't looked for it-it is in the couch, the pockets of your jeans, the "dump" drawer in the kitchen, bouching around the dryer. It is all there you just need to get a jar to keep it all together. Laughing
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 12, 2007 6:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing You are an absolute mess, Machias! Wink Very Happy ~(yes, that's a good thing!) Well, did happen to find a dollar in the dryer the other day...guess I'll snag the miracle whip jar I washed out for his misc nuts and bolts.

Kevin...so that's the formula! Always thought it was just the actual time used to smoke a cigarette.....and now we know....as Paul Harvey says...the rest of the story!! Very Happy Either way...there's extra time to spend living!! Wink Cool Well, in Machias case, time to save for the "hereafter" retirement fund. Laughing

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 13, 2007 12:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness...I am laughing my butt/fin off over here! I was my coupon too...I think I'm up to a month at least!

Thank you for giving me that insight!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 13, 2007 11:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you cash it in at the same place you cash in your extra Club Med beads and your S & H Greenstamps.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: December 13, 2007 12:11 PM    Post subject: cash in Reply with quote

I have been informed (by the great women above) that men cashing in must go to the booth that says OLD MEN, the women need to get in the line that says "Hormonally challenged". By God can life get any better--extra time, extra money and now no longer called OLD.

And just for picking up our coupons we get to choose from one of 3 dolls:

Dribble Debbie: give her a drink of water (or orange juice) every time she sneezes, coughs or laughs she will slightly wet her pants. Disposable diapers included. Embarassed
Surgerical Sarah: comes with removable breast implants, scotch tape to pull the sagging facial skin, removeable liquid fat and a battery operated liposuction machine. Shocked
Freedon Fern: comes with suitcase and ticket to a far away land and several post cards to family with no return address.
Smile
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 13, 2007 12:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb!! Just where do you get all your ideas! Shocked Laughing Laughing This is hilarious....Girl, you should be a standup comedian!!! Wink Laughing Laughing

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 13, 2007 3:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

here here!!!!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: December 13, 2007 7:35 PM    Post subject: Ideas Reply with quote

Well Deb-I have lots of time on my hands. My husband says I would have less time to think up ideas if I had one of those (what was the name of that?) of yes a JOB!! Confused

But since I decided to retire early I have been thinking up business oppertunities instead- I have several should you wish to invest in any:

Personalised Adult pampers: Each will have your name, address, SS#, spouces name and phone number. Provides two functions when changing it gives the wearer an oppertunity to recall important information and second should you get lost it will help the police find your way back home. Embarassed

Automatic wiper: attaches to neck choker and swishes a soft paddle back and forth across your lips when it senses a drool. Shocked

Ofcourse dolls are always a big seller--I have several ideas for Elderly GI Joe dolls Wink
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 14, 2007 10:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that's funny! Somedays I need the automatic wiper!!!

~Tracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: