quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

am putting in a poll here just out of interest...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsGreatly

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 11:48 AM    Post subject: Hey, Ros Reply with quote

Wink I've tried patches...didn't work because they can come off too easily when the slightest urge hits...once mine fell off in the shower...I searched the tub, the bathroom, my PJ's and couldn't find it anywhere...Two hours later my little dog came over to me and there was my patch on her back...(she would sometimes shower with me) She hadn't had a cig all day Laughing
Tried cold turkey and that quit lasted about 6 weeks until my mother moved to town and visited me everyday...(she smoked like a furnace)
Tried lozenges....eeewwwwww yuck...
Tried Zyban and it worked...I had a very easy first week...not so bad second week...third week I was doing great...end of fourth week had a massive urge and lost my quit again.
I think the best thing for me is to just put the damned things down...no more mucking about. I don't want to smoke ever again.
Whatever works for you...do it. Sooner or later you will get stronger than the addiction. With the help I get from the good folks here I believe I will be successful this time...Lost another battle, but I will not lose this war.
Good luck on your study
Mrs Greatly Laughing

"If you have two loaves of bread, sell one and buy a flower; for the soul too has need of nurturing."
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 2:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLD TURKEY and lots of straws around and candy! Toothpicks help too. Cold Turkey is hard as I am still in my first week but it gets a little easier every day! Cool Cool

I have been quit for 3 Days, 14 hours, 2 minutes and 16 seconds (3 days). I have saved $14.33 by not smoking 71 cigarettes. I have saved 5 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/11/2004

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 1:52 PM    Post subject: Answer to your poll Reply with quote

Hi Ros,

Cold turkey here. I consider myself to be a potentially addictive person so was a little afraid of NRT. Would have used it, though, if I thought itf would have helped me. As long as you're doing so well, don't let anyone else get you upset about the method you chose to use.

Living free for 2M, 4D, 16H, 20M and loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 4:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with cold turkey but I faded for a week. I used the pack track to cut out bordom cigs and was down to 1/2 a pack a day when I stopped by delaying me first cig of the day. I think it helped to reduce my dependency a little but I think that anyway you can stop smoking is the right way. My day had to be in hospital for two weeks for a biopsy but it worked he never smoked again.

I wish you peace.

alison
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: