quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Christmas is better as a non-smoker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 25, 2007 1:23 PM    Post subject: Christmas is better as a non-smoker Reply with quote

Hello to all of you out there who are lurking around the site. you're probably wondering.....how can these people who have quit smoking and successfully end feeding their addiction be so happy? Why aren't they miserable, and how the heck can they possibly get through a stressful holiday without smoking?

I never lie, ever. And I want to tell you that each day that passes gets easier, and each holiday smokefree happier...as long as you never forget that you are an addict, and you can never have ONE AGAIN!

As a non smoker, i have more time to shop, bake cookies and be ready for the holiday. i have much more cash to buy gifts. I'm not running outside every 20 minutes to steal a smoke, guiltily leaving my guests to themselves. Or worse, I'm not smoking inside so that my house, and I smell like ashtrays.

I can go on to so many more benefits of being quit....but it boils down to being free. It does take time to get to this carefree stage of your quit, and some effort, but it's so worth it!

We're glad that you lurkers are here, as it means that you are thinking about taking the plunge and quitting. When you're ready, Kevin will always have the lights on here for you to come in and get (or give) support. You'll never be alone in your quit!

So, have a great Christmas, and pledge to make this one your last as a smoker!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 25, 2007 2:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, Pam. A great message for the newbies and those contemplating the big step to freedom.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 25, 2007 3:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, pam - one of the biggest hang-ups people have about quitting is the (false) fear that they'll have to fight the craving for cigarettes forever - once you get started, though, you realize that every crave is weaker than the last one was, as long as you keep starving them.

i've been free for a little over 6 years now, and i can't honestly remember the last time i had a crave; it's been years, i'm sure.

so jump right in; the hardest part is making the decision to start: once you get past that, it gets easier quickly.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 26, 2007 11:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I want to tell you that each day that passes gets easier, and each holiday smokefree happier...as long as you never forget that you are an addict, and you can never have ONE AGAIN!

This is so true! I forgot this and my Christmas this year was much more stressed than last.

Thanks for reminding me about the basics!

Peace,
Tracy

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 26, 2007 1:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it doesn't have to be that stressed, Tracy...you know that. Keep the thoughts about how things are for you now as a full fledged smoker, compared to a few weeks ago when you were still quit.

Has much changed in your life, other than you are back to the addiction? Did smoking really make things better, easier, or whatever falsehood old Laughing Demon could come up with? I know not.

Be honest with yourself, and you'll come to the right decision in the end.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: