quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 16, 2008 3:16 PM    Post subject: errors Reply with quote

several people have reported seeing an error when trying to post lately; the message was titled, "GENERAL_ERROR", and said, "Could not delete word list entry".

this error is a known bug with the site search engine (no one is offering any guesses as to why it surfaces when a user is not actually searching...) that apparently doesn't get triggered until a board hits ~100,000 posts (and we're pushing that now); it happened to me once last night, and i didn't think much of it, but then, when several of you mentioned seeing it too, i went to the support forum for the software and found a bug report about it.

i don't think they're planning to fix it, as there's a new version of the software out (guess i'll have to think about upgrading after all...), so i came up with my own fix, which may very well end up breaking other stuff...

please pm me if you notice anything weird happening with the site.

thanks!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > news All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: