quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chat capabilities?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 11:42 PM    Post subject: Chat capabilities? Reply with quote

Ok I am going to show my complete and total ignorance of all things technical- Is there a way to set up a chat room for this board? I know that some boards have chats associated with them, but I don't know how.

I only bring this up because I am sitting here at 10:30 at night looking at these boards and there are a couple of other people logged on that I have exchanged posts with. Sending an IM over AOL or MSM out of the blue and without their permission seems somewhat strange, so I don't wanna do that. But the house is quiet, the kids are sleeping, the wife is gone and dang if I don't feel like chatting with someone. I stay out of chat rooms because there are some REAL weirdos out there, but there are some real decent people in here. (I think I am the only weirdo!)

Just an idea- let the mocking of my technical knowledge or lack thereof commence!

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 12:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one feel if someone lists their instant message info in their profile they have consented for you to IM them and there's no need to ask for permission.... You should go for it!

-Zuzu
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 4:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my Messengers listed if you want to contact me and I am on go for it. There are lots of times I am on and alone here and lonely too. ONe of my triggers is loneliness and I am alone alot. So You are welcome to IM me anytime.

+Two months, five days, 5 hours, 44 minutes and 33 seconds. 2649 cigarettes not smoked, saving $457.05. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 7:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna chat now and nobody's here! Confused Confused Sad

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 9:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

in an infinite universe, Joshua, anything is possible. Smile regrettably, i don't have an infinite amount of time, so a woofmang chat room is not likely to appear any time soon. Sad

the good news is, it's possible to set up a private chat space for free on yahoo (and possibly msn, and other places), and it's not that hard to do; if you set one up, then you could have regularly-scheduled chat sessions, or pick-up sessions as desired.

and as far as im'ing another member is concerned, i agree with Zuzu; if someone lists their aim, yim, or icq addresses in their profile, it's an open invitation to chat with other members of the group. if they don't want to chat, they can always turn off their messenger (or, if they decide they never want to chat, they can remove their address from their profile Wink).

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 9:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool to have our own chatroom. But if you IM me I am always up for a chat. I am up very late sometimes- from lack of nicotine-unable to sleep mode. so It would be nice to talk to someone going through the same thing sometimes.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 12:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joshua
There are several of us who have gotten on MSN Messenger at the same time and chatted like that. And I have seen that you can set up a chat room on MSN. I can look into further tomorrow. Or perhaps you would, you probably have a lot more computer knowledge than I . I fly by the seat of my pants....and sometimes it works and sometimes NO. But I have never found anyone who would not chat with me if I sent them an IM.
Just jump in bud.....we all love to talk!!!!!!!!!
I have DSL so I always appear to me on, but sometimes I am away from the computer and forget to change my status. So if you try to get me and I don't respond it's not that I am ignoring you, it's that I am not at the computer.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: