quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

more blood
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 12, 2008 9:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

If it's any comfort....Mom has been taking the fish oil and eating oatmeal each morning. Her numbers went down 10 points. Wink So, don't give up hope yet.

Big Hugs!!!! {{{{{{Barb}}}}}

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 13, 2008 3:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, it is getting more difficult each day to know what kind of meds to take...I am not so sure the FDA knows anymore than we do....the doctors are going on what the pharmaceutical companies are telling them.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: January 18, 2008 1:32 AM    Post subject: go figure Reply with quote

Well I have been busy with doctors--but thought I would drop in to say I haven't even thought about smoking.

Must laugh that in the last few days there has been alot of news about the fact that Zetia doesn't work to lower cholestrol. I sort of figured that out when my levels jump up rather then down. I wonder if the company will refund me on the cost of my presciptions. Mad

The bad news is I continue to get sicker-- the good news Confused is they say whatever it is it probably won't kill me. The rheumotologist swears they will know for sure which ANA disorder it is once it attacks one of my organs--I explained that wasn't real reassuring Rolling Eyes

Help save the animals of Planet Earth--please do not BUY, SELL or WEAR Polyester. The little pink and yellow Polyesters are now on the endangered list. The little purple ones with the elastic around their waist are on the threatened list. Thanks!!
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 18, 2008 10:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{Barb}}}
My husband is taking red yeast rice he has been doing for three years he started in the 200's and is down to 110 ( I pretty sure that's what he told me) He said he likes it better then taking prescriptions and having to worry about the side affects.

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: January 19, 2008 12:12 AM    Post subject: red yeast rice Reply with quote

Yes Patty, I was told by someone about red yeast rice and the fact it does lower the bad levels-I even tired it for two days but sadly it dries out my mouth and whatever this ANA is that is bad for me--go figure. Confused

I had to laugh my neice came down from Boston with her son (he is so cute Smile ) anyway we went to see some fish and the next day I woke up to find my hip all black and blue-figured finally an organ is involved and I will know what is wrong with me. I made a bee line to the doctors to be checked out--only to be told that this was normal (I carried the boy on my hip Embarassed ) due to my condition (which no one knows what it is) and no "an organ isn't involved yet" Rolling Eyes
Linda661

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 13, 2008 12:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb:

I'm not familiar with everything that's gone on with you since I'm pretty new here, but.......on the cholesterol issue:

Ask your doctor about niacin -- not niacinamide -- niacin. My doctor put me on it some time ago and it works at reducing cholesterol in many people. I've lost my research references on this one, but the amount needed is individual (I've been on 1,200mg by my doc's "Rx"). Some people have been known to take up to 6,000mg a day (and that's a HUGE dose). I will be straight out and say that using something like niacin at these doses needs to be considered the same as any drug -- i.e. do not mess with it on your own. Dosages are worked up to and maintained under a doctor's supervision.

The worst side effect is the "niacin flush" (tingling, prickly feeling that can be uncomfortable; can turn your skin beet red looking for awhile) if you are using it. There is such a thing as no-flush niacin, but I don't know whether it does the same thing or not.

Worth the ask.

Linda

Quit day: Feb 25, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: