quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can I play with the big kids???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 1:48 AM    Post subject: Can I play with the big kids??? Reply with quote

Hi Everybody! I've been posting on here for a couple months in the "introductions" board, with all the newbies, and I have talked with some of you that have quit already, and now are helping the ones just starting out. I haven't lit-up in over 6 weeks, but since I'm using the patches, I dont "feel" like a quiter yet. I will be taking another step down in 3 days and I'm a little nervous about it, I dont want another hell week and I've tried explaining to my family what you go through when you quit but they're tired of hearing the words quit, nicotine, etc. so i'm doing it on my own with help from you. Right now I have lots of stress going on and just when I think I can handle it, something else comes up. Thats life and I will always have it, Right now, there's no way around it, when it concerns small grandkids and their mother from hell, Laughing Demon I cant turn my back on them. So anyway, I'm moving up to this board, I finally feel like I belong here, with my quit. I look forward to meeting the rest of you, from what I've read so far we have alot in common! Also, I'm ready to start posting my months, days, and hours, except now I cant find the page Embarassed Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks! I look forward to meeting everybody! Cool Sinc, Laney
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 6:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney:

That's nonsense about not feeling like a real quitter because you are using the patch! Of course you are a quitter! Who cares which method you are using? There have been scads of people who have successfully stopped smoking via the NRT route, and they are just as "quit" as someone who did it without NRT.

For your quit counter, go to whyquit.com and find the place on the home page that says something about quit calculators or quit counters. Download the one of your choice. The one I use is called "Quit Keeper."

Tom

I have been quit for 5 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 7 hours and 26 minutes (167 days). I have saved $627.40 by not smoking 5,019 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 10 hours and 15 minutes of my life.

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 7:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney,

You just move right up here with us, we're happy to have you. We also don't care how you quit any quit is fine with us! So enjoy your step up as you're stepping down. Post as often as you like, we'll leave the light on for ya.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 9:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney,
I think 6 weeks is mighty fine with no smokes with or without NRT!! Very Happy So keep up the good work and post here and read to get help with your next step down. These are some great people and it helps to know they are out there.
Barbara - Free and Healing for Thirteen Days, 9 Hours and 53 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day, by avoiding the use of 295 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $44.28.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 10:12 AM    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi, Laney

I just wanted to say that you've been doing the really hard work I think. The hardest part of the quit is the retraining of your brain.

Every cig you haven't smoked has helped to break the link to cigs in your brain. They say we have to experience every situation without the cigs before we have really learned to live life without them.

So, when you stop the NRT you may not even have any discomfort because you already know how to live without cigs. The nicotine will be gone in no time.

I think you're awesome. You're doing great. Wish I could do as well.

Kaye
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 11:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the playground Laney. Anyway you stop smoking is the right way. You will have some discomfort stopping the NRT but if you don't smoke it will be over in three days and you will be completely free. Six weeks is awesome. As for the meter I use silkquits.

www.silkquit.org

Keep the quit

I wish you peace.

alison
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 4:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi laney,

You don't have to worry about coming on these boards with the "big kids" you are one of us. NRT Is a fine way to quit if it works for you. You have one awesome quit going there. Come on and post on all of the boards we all do from day one. The intro forum was just to introduce yourself. You can ccmoe and play in our playground anytime you want.

WAY TO GO

Two months, five days, 5 hours, 25 minutes and 38 seconds. 2649 cigarettes not smoked, saving $456.96. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 5:27 PM    Post subject: Glad you're here Reply with quote

Dear Laney,

YES,YOU'RE A QUITTER!!!! You've got an awesome quit going for you. So glad you decided to join us. This is a terrific group of people; very helpful to all.

Welcome and good luck on that quit.

Living free for 2M, 5D, 19H, 50M and loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 5:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laney,
As the others have already said, post to any or all of the boards any time you want. Quit is quit, does not matter how you quit. For me the physical withdrawal was not as bad as the psychological craves. Everyone is different, but you are already dealing with the psychological craves and urges, I think you will do fine with the physical as well. Keep posting!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 8:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's all about freedom, Laney. you've been smoke-free for 6 weeks; that's a great accomplishment! don't worry about being a "real" quitter; if NRT is working for you, then keep it going! the important thing is that you're free.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 16, 2004 10:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney, you are 6 weeks quit that is awesome and no matter how you've done it your not smoking and that is the imporatant thing. Don't rush getting off hte patch. I stepped down really fast and caused myself a lot of anxiety a friend had warned me about not following the directions. He had said if I'd do the step downs as directed I'd not have hardly any noticable withdrawls by the end. I was in a huge hurry. Just be careful.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
MrsGreatly

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 8:34 AM    Post subject: Welcome, Laney Reply with quote

Hi, Laney...So good to see you here. Congratulations on your quit and your great achievement at keeping it going. Smile
You mentioned lots of stress going on in your life right now...I wish you best of luck and hope it all works out for you...but the stress is there whether we smoke or not...How do nonsmokers deal with stress? it's the urges we have to fight...and there is plenty of help here for that. You have discovered a great bunch of folks here who are going through exactly what you are going through...I know it's sometimes hard to get support from family and friends, they want us to quit, yes, but if we stumble and fall they can be disappointed in us and then we feel worse...But here, you aren't a cast out if you have a relapse...one lady even supplied the horse to get back up on... Laughing
Glad you are here, Laney...I may need to lean on you one day and I thank you for being here.
My Best
MrsGreatly

"If you have two loaves of bread, sell one and buy a flower; for the soul too has need of nurturing."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: