quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hi
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 17, 2008 1:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ms. Laney...you have been with the man along time...so this is nothing new to you but you may be noticing things differently now without the smokescreen to hide behind...so your true feelings are coming to the surface...get ready alot more may come to the surface too!

My thoughts are to tell him after 40 years that he is a butt....don't be ugly just state it as a fact....don't expect him to change...just let him know you know it and are not appreciative of his behavior over the years...then move on with your life and I mean your life! Find things to do that make you happy...they do not have to be expensive just gratifying.

I would try to discuss the kitten issue with him but if he could not give me a good reason for not owning one (other than He doesn't want one) then I would get one on my own. I am sure you could have cared less about the last lawn mower or power tool he purchased either but he got one. What I am saying here Laney, is that you are a person too...you should have a voice in decisions and yes, as much as he probably will hate it an opinion to boot! After 40 years, don't you think you have earned the right to be his equal?

I give mine down the river and yes he calls be the B word sometimes but then he changes his attitude most of the time without another word from me....speak your mind and then give it time to soak in... Laughing
wow, did I get on a roll or what?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: February 18, 2008 4:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Thanks for the words, They keep going through my head, over & over. It's been a busy weekend & I haven't had much time to myself to really think things through, but I'm definatly not giving up on the kitten issue now. Since we got visitors that dont want to leave. We ended up with a family of mice. I'm so grossed out!!! I dont know why I figured that back here would be safe from the beady eyed little bastards, (can I say that, if I mean it Kevin?) but one ran past me & I freaked. Naturally he was at work at the time... He put a couple traps back here & I plugged in one of those electronic things thats suppose to put out a noise that bugs & other disgusting stuff dont like & I felt safe. Until a trap went off, right under my computer desk, where I was sitting. we had the problem 20 some years ago at our old house but I got a female kitten & problem solved! So Im looking seriously now! I dont think its going to be too much of a fight now. Except I cant seem to find any! Anyway....I'm working on getting back to my main reason for being here in the first place!! Right now I am thinking about using the patch & taper down from there.I'm not up to all the stress I went through a few weeks ago & all the new stuff that keeps popping up. At least with the patches I knew what I was feeling was just in my head, not all from the lack of nicotine. Right now I dont have the strength to fight so many different things at once! Wish me luck? Laney

Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain. author unknown
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 18, 2008 10:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney. try the humane society in your area...they usually are running over with kittens....or maybe one of the farms will have a mother barn cat with kittens....please get rid of all the traps and poision before letting the kitten in the house though...ouch!
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: February 20, 2008 12:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Thanks Kay! I know exactly what I want, Yes, I'm picky! I had a dog that died a few years ago. He was "my dog" he hated men, except for my one son, he chewed on my other sons leg! No blood but just enough to let him know he didnt like him! But he loved all the grandkids, just didnt trust men. He was a light tan color. I named him Shadow, because he followed me everywhere & he seemed to know where I was going. Even if I was just getting up to do something he was next to me, but never in the way. All my other dogs thought their names began with "move"! I found a pic of a little tan kitten & thats what I want & when I find her, her name will probably be Shadow too. Whats the problem? Seems every time someone puts a ad in the paper, there are 3 or 4 organizations in our city that go collect the kittens, then charge about $100. for them after they give them a check up. My son bought one and it died a week later... With it being so cold there arent many kittens being born, until spring. (They cant afford to get a room!) but I never thought of checking into barn kittens. I'd take them to my own vet, get her fixed & she'd be a inside cat. Thanks for the idea! Laney

Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain. author unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: