quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I have failed again! Help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amy rose

Quit Date:
July 19, 2008

PostPosted: March 10, 2008 9:31 AM    Post subject: I have failed again! Help!!! Reply with quote

I feel so bad. I thought this time was going to be difrent. It felt difrent.
But it turned the same it always does. I get so mean and I can't control myself. I made it two days. But the second day I was so angry. broke down and got a pack. I have two small children three and five. And my sweet wonderful husband who as gone through this with me a hundred times. I just can't do this to them anymore. I have to quit. But I don't want to turn into this evil person. My little boy said to me last night. "Ok mommy you can smoke tonight but you have to stop the next day" I don't know what to do. I start off great. But then the cravings start and it seems to go the next level and I can't deal with the my family without yelling and getting really mean. I hate myself!

I have tried the patch before and that seemed to work. But I was alergic to them and my skin hurt to bad. So I was wondering what you guys thought of the nicotine gum? Is it a goood idea. Or is it just as bad as smoking? I am at the end of my smoking I know that. But I just need to figure out a way of doing it without hurting the people I love while I do it! I have four cigs left in the pack I bought and I don't want to buy more. Does anyone have some wisdom? Thank you all for being hear.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: March 10, 2008 10:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at your kids and ask youself if you want to live long enough to see them as adults?
I felt the way you felt, most people have, but
you have to occupy yourself another way, and
get over the crave. Try to feel proud for not smoking.
Go read at www.whyquit.com.

My avatars name is moon ray
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 10, 2008 11:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - yes, go to whyquit.com, and ready Nicodemon's Lies. It will show you that your thinking is really just denial that you are an addict. You need to understand that everything you talked about (hurting your family, etc) are just excuses to feed the junky in you.

Also, go to FFS program at American Lung Asociation. It helped many people here to understand their addiction, and how to best quit.

I remember that I always used to blame my failure to quit on friends, family, as somehow they were responsible for my failure. It doesn't work that way.

Oh, and we are all quit here, but not evil Laughing. You may feel like a monster when you are first quit......but it's just a temporary situation. You need to tell others that no matter what....you're quitting, and nothing will make you take another puff....not even your kids telling you it's "ok mommy".

As far as the patch, gum, chantrix....hey they might help, but there's no magic bullet here. Nothing will keep you quit but YOU.

Don't set youself up for failure by making lame excuses. Trust me, we've heard them all before. Do read, educate, and know that this is very doable, and that you can do it.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 10, 2008 12:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

has it occurred to you that you're deliberately sabotaging your quit by allowing yourself to get so out of control that you get your children to give you permission to start poisoning yourself again?

as far as nicotine gum, i think it's a very bad idea: nobody would ever suggest to an alcoholic that the way to get free of their addiction to alcohol is to chew alcohol gum; why do we think that giving nicotine gum to nicotine addicts is somehow going to help them control their addiction to nicotine?

go to www.ffsonline.org - sign up for the program, and go through it as if your life depended on it. because it does. search your soul on every question they ask, on every exercise, on every lesson. don't settle for the easy answer, or you'll just continue down this path.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 10, 2008 1:46 PM    Post subject: You Can Do This Reply with quote

I'm so glad that you're doing this at all. You're young and have two little sweeties and a loving husband.
Read up and replan your quit.
Trust in yourself and your God that you CAN do this.

K
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 10, 2008 8:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiting is by no means easy but it is certainly doable and so worth the effort. I smoked for over 45 years and, with the help of FFS and this site, I've been free for almost 4 years now. You can do it too. Have faith in yourself and work the modules at FFS.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: