quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Let's Walk Together!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 6:49 PM    Post subject: Let's Walk Together! Reply with quote

OK, we know we need to get off our ... computers and get walking. So let's try to walk a little every day this week. Ten minutes. Fifteen minutes. Five minutes walking in place to a song on the radio or cd player. Parking farther away. Using the stairs. Any walking is great! And it's going to be so much more fun if we do it together. We can log our walking right here every day or once a week or however often we can get here. I'm going to start right now with a little walk around the yard for a few minutes. See you out there!

Rusty Very Happy

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Nosmoex

Quit Date:
July 4, 2007

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 7:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty, that is a great idea! Maybe some of us could use a few laps around the property! Embarassed
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 7:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out and walked around the front yard...it's actually a small pasture about 2 acres. It was nice to hear the wind in the pines and see deer tracks down in the drive. I walked for ten or fifteen minutes.

Rusty

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Genevieve

Quit Date:
February 6, 2008

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 8:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty,

What a wonderful idea, I think I will grab my favorite partner and stroll hand in hand around the block.......

I have heard that 3 days a week for 15 min, will help in breathing and weight loss. (For seniors that is Wink Very Happy )

Shall we meet again tomorrow?

Genny
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 8:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you tomorrow, Genny!

Rusty

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 9:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it! and i'm sure the dogs would love the idea, too! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 9:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY...see you and the dogs tomorrow then, Kevin!

Rusty Very Happy

Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 11:17 PM    Post subject: I'm walking Reply with quote

I walked around the block in between periods of snow fall and sunshine. My cats don't like the leash though.

Sure feels good.

Kaye
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: March 16, 2008 11:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

its sunday....started the elliptical machine again, the new one that I spoke of in the other thread...
started with 10 minutes this a.m.-
i am so out of shape.....

My avatars name is moon ray
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 16, 2008 12:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join you in the walking soon. Having cataract surgery this Thursday and want to wait to see just what I'm going to be allowed to do, activity wise. Great idea, Rusty!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 16, 2008 12:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Rusty. I'm going to go walking soon. I woke up today feeling blue and out of sorts so a walk will do me wonders. I'll report after my walk.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 16, 2008 3:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked about 2 blocks with resting inbetween. I do feel much better now.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: March 16, 2008 3:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, Barbara! My doctor told me that walking boosts endorphins that make us feel good. I went out and walked down the driveway and then down the road a bit and then back. Total about 15 minutes.

When I first quit smoking, I was a walking freak, and I got up to 3-4 miles three or four days a week. But I haven't walked hardly at all since I started back to school a year ago September. So I'm starting back a little at the time, and hoping some of my health issues and poundage issues will resolve.

Rusty Very Happy

pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: March 16, 2008 5:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara K. wrote:
I walked about 2 blocks with resting inbetween. I do feel much better now.

glad your feeling better barbara, keep it up.

My avatars name is moon ray
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 16, 2008 8:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it too but right now I dont' go outside because of the snow nd Ice. I fall easily. But I will try my best to walk a bit more in the house...I have been doing 30 sit ups a night so that should count for something Razz

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: