quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1st weekend smokefree - GULP!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpha425

Quit Date:
March 11, 2008

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 1:51 AM    Post subject: 1st weekend smokefree - GULP!! Reply with quote

Hi all,

This is going to be my first smoke-free weekend, I'm a little nervous, worried! My husband is feeling neglected because I'm spending so much time on the computer and my quit. He just can't figure out how to be supportive. I have told him that I just need some time, I have to do this for me especially, but also for us. We spend alot of time as a family on the weekends and it is quite often stressful. If the weather man is right we'll be getting rain, and that means being cooped up inside. I always feel better outside in the warm sun, working in the yard.

If hubby gets grouchy with me, I haven't yet figured out how I'll Handle it! Any ideas will be considered, and appreciated. Thanks. I will not smoke!!! Very Happy Heidi

I have been breathin' clean and clear in sunny So. Cal. for 3 Days, 15 hours, 2 minutes and 7 seconds. I have saved $17.94 by not smoking 108 cigarettes. I have saved 9 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 3/11/2008 3:30 AM
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 9:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really give you advice but can tell you how I handled situations like this. I warned everyone, up front, that I had just quit smoking and was a little bit "up tight." I asked that they be understanding if I seemed a little out of sorts. It's amazing how people respond if and when they know what's going on.

Good luck with the family. I know you'll be fine. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 11:26 AM    Post subject: Hi Heidi Reply with quote

Heidi,
If it rains today, put on a rain coat. Get outside and breathe the fresh air even if it is a little wet.
Or, go walk the mall. Wish I had one on these kind of days. However, in a town the size of this (2,500) we don't even have a mall.

You're doing great. Keep it going!

Kaye
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 12:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with kannprint, give everyone a warning, then if needed go with snowlover's suggestion, step outside for a breath of fresh air. Just don't forget how hard you've worked the past 3 days! You'll do fine ~ one minute at a time.

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 1:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

count to 10 or higher before re-acting to hubby if he's grouchy. that can save repercusssions. go to the mall would be my favorite one.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 1:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

a blunt object is usually best; the marks it leaves aren't nearly as easy to identify...

Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
alpha425

Quit Date:
March 11, 2008

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 5:17 PM    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

And the winner is..... Kevin!!! Razz

Thanks to all of you that responded to my worries about the weekend. It is pretty quiet around here today, so far.
I'm afraid "the cold" is coming back again (grrrr!) I hear sneezing and sniffling and blowing.
This morning we attended my oldest son's graduation! he now has an Associates Degree in Computer Sciences!! I am one proud mom! I hope he can now find a job that pays enough so he can afford to live here in Cali!!
Back later, Heidi

I have been breathin' clean and clear in sunny So. Cal. for 4 Days, 9 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds . I have saved $21.79 by not smoking 132 cigarettes. I have saved 11 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 3/11/2008 3:30 AM
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 9:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
NancyRHM

Quit Date:
March 21, 2008

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 10:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin wrote:
a blunt object is usually best; the marks it leaves aren't nearly as easy to identify...

Wink

LOL! Laughing Laughing
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 16, 2008 8:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is Breathe and count to 10 or take a walk if the weather permits. Or my fav... just look at him and say are you done yet? If so lets talk about what is making you grumpy.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 17, 2008 10:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good one, Leona!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 17, 2008 6:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidi Congrats Big time and also a big hug!!!!!! Hang in there it will get easier.

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: