quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mod 3 -- Final Preparations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: March 19, 2008 4:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nancy,

I was struck by your two most recent posts in this forum. You are a thoughtful, insightful person. You will be able to use those skills to great advantage in this process!

My most important substitute activity was, of all things, deep breathing. I saw you had that on your list. I had it on mine too, but I had no idea how important this humble activity would be. It is available anywhere, anytime. It provides an instantaneous (and very real) physiological release from stress and craves. And it reminds you of your purpose ... you are filling your lungs with clean, fresh air rather than smoke.

For your morning commute, may I suggest making a playlist of "quit" songs to listen to as you drive? Songs with lyrics that empower you (I picked stuff like I'm Free by The Who, Been There Done That by Brian Eno & John Cale, and I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor). Not only will the music energize you, but without the gagging smokes you can really belt out the tunes! Wink

Last but not least, try to laugh at least once every day.

Wishing you all my best. I'll be back to see how you're doing!
Lori
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: