quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1st smoking dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: March 20, 2008 7:29 AM    Post subject: 1st smoking dream Reply with quote

Well, I made it to 13 months smoke free before one of the dreams, and last night I finally expereinced one.....in the dream I figured out it was a dream so I didn't have that "scared" feeling when I woke up.....more surprised that it finally happened. I knew to expect them with recovery since they had occured often many years ago when I quit drinking, and I have actually been surprised that it took so long for the smoking ones to kick in......

I think it is one more illustration of how powerful addiction is and what an incredibly tight hold it gets on our body and minds......

So, for all of the newbies out there (seem to be a lot lately, which is wonderful) know that the dreams are just dreams, that they happen, and maybe its a sign that you really are moving on as a non-smoker.....

Patty
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 20, 2008 8:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy That's exactly right, Patti. Gosh, if I had to worry about everything in my dreams coming true...I'd be in big trouble.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 20, 2008 10:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may have won the prize for latest instance of the first smoking dream, patty - glad you made it through the experience ok. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 20, 2008 11:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of enjoy the smoking dreams because I feel so good when I awake and realize that it was only a dream and that my quit is still strong.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: March 20, 2008 3:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin wrote:
you may have won the prize for latest instance of the first smoking dream, patty - glad you made it through the experience ok. Smile

I hear you!! I had one after just a couple/few days quit!!

My avatars name is moon ray
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 20, 2008 10:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was funny but I never had one that I could remember. But then I guess being so loaded down with other things my mind had other things to occupy itself with...Congrats on 13 months.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: