quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

14 HOURS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 2:20 PM    Post subject: 14 HOURS Reply with quote

14 HOURS.... I wish I wasn't counting the hours but I can't help it. I have talked with Joshua a lot today so that has helped. I still can't seem to stop thinking about a cig. It's like my body is programed to think that way. I am very thirsty a little dizzy and around certain times I am thinking ok time to smoke but I remember I don't smoke anymore. I have been down this rode before most of you know that but it is still hard no matter if you know what to expect or not! I am feeling a little better not wanting to cry all the time is a start. Just a little depressed. I keep thinking maybe just one drag, just one drag, but I thought that before so I know I can't do that. It really helps to VENT and ramble on & on. I am really scared!!! really really scared!!!! it's a shock to see myself type that. Because I normally keep it inside and deal with it. That's what I have done unless I am really pissed off or sad! Okay enough with the rant and rave. Thanks for listening!! You guys are wonderful!

I have been quit for 14 hours and 20 minutes (0 days). I have saved $2.38 by not smoking 11 cigarettes. I have saved 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/7/2004

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 2:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn,

Doing great! Don't forget to breathe I swear that will get you through so much. Deep long breaths. Use a timer and set it for two minutes. That is all it takes just two minutes every hour or so it really works.

Stay strong Jenn, you can do this.

I wish you peace.

alison
Jelli

Quit Date:
May 30, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 2:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer
You are doing great!! You are through more than 1/2 a day now!
Cathy
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 2:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Jennifer, you say you are thirsty and a little dizzy. Make sure that you keep sipping water...lots....or cranberry juice. I put lemon or lime juice in my water...somehow the acidic flavor seemed to help the craves. Also, your blood sugar can go down when you are first quit....so make sure to take small amounts of carbs or food (crackers are good) a lot during the day. and Alison is right.....really good, deep slow breathing does help.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 2:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn:

Nice going, Gal! NOW STICK WITH IT! You can do it.

Tom

No more in 04!

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 3:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, I am proud of you. Hang onto this quit with all of your might! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 4:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu are strong....hang in there. It will get better

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 9:08 PM    Post subject: Jenn Reply with quote

Keep going. You're kicking it. Don't dwell on your emotions or fear knowing that all of it is only temporary and it will get easier. Live for the moment but keep an eye on the light at the end of the tunnel. I found that if I loook at never smoking again I can't take it and that's when I become emotional but when I look at the next hour I'm fine. Breathe deep like Allison said and that will help relax you as well. Keep going you can do it!
John
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 10:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Jenn

You are doing this keep going. Be proud.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Lisa
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 8, 2004 12:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you for going strong for 14hrs. Very Happy Hang in there and keep posting! I must have posted a billion times on my first day- was afraid to leave the computer! getting better on day 5. And ramble if you have to we all understand.
Barbara - Free and Healing for Five Days and 58 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 9 Hours, by avoiding the use of 111 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $16.64.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: June 8, 2004 2:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer,
You have a lot of people rooting for you. You can do this. Do it one day, one hour, even one minute at a time, but do it. Listen to all the good advice that has been offered, Then tell yourself "I can do this!" I have repeated this to myself many, many times. I even put "I can quit" on a scrolling marquee as a screen saver! These things may sound silly, or simplistic, but they helped me. I hope you find things that help you.

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: