quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bad Therapist Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 4, 2008 9:09 PM    Post subject: Bad Therapist Day Reply with quote

I am so mad tonight that I don't know what to do. I have been fighting with Voc Rehab for over a year now it seems since they are paying my Pcounselor she is now on their side. I also made a comment how hard it is not having any kids or family or anyone else in 3-D that everyone else seems to have. She said, "ah, there's a lot of people who don't have anyone." Is that suppose to make me feel better? She had me crying telling I can't do this I can't do that. I told her I've been told that all my life and I'm sick of hearing it.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: June 4, 2008 11:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,
I'm sorry you feel rotton. Read through some "just for fun" posts! You can't focus on that for this SECOND. Sleep on it and think on it with a fresh mind. It feels so different when you feel right after you reveal...It's a little tender right then.
(((Barbara)))
Gidget

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: June 5, 2008 9:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope your feeling better today Barbara.
hugs,
pink

My avatars name is moon ray
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 5, 2008 10:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't let her get you down, barbara; she apparently thinks her job is to tell people what they can't do, rather than helping them figure out how to do something that they want to do.

you might want to think about seeing if you can get another counselor, or just stop going. what's the point of seeing somebody who considers it their duty to tell you all the things you can't do? you can figure that out on your own.

personally, i think you can do pretty much anything you put your mind to: after all, you quit smoking, and that's about the hardest thing most people will ever do. set your sights on something, and go for it.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 5, 2008 11:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you all.

Kevin, I'm emailed another counselor for services and have written a letter to one advocate to recommend me to one that I could use.

All, Except for a headache and eye strain today I'm much better.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 6, 2008 10:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so sorry Barb. It took about 3 counselors before we found the right one for our step children. One even cause more damage. I would also suggest you look for another one.

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 6, 2008 10:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Patty,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2008 9:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do alot of things Barb.....I agree, pick something out you want to try and go for it.....half the fun is the anticipation of trying something new.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 8, 2008 6:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Kay. I already have something in mind to do.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: