quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shaking my head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2008 8:23 AM    Post subject: Shaking my head Reply with quote

Morning everyone.
Just a note:
I was sitting here posting this morning. Opening the shades up. Saying to myself wow, oh what a pretty day it is outside, all fresh and clean after last nights rain. The birdies flying around. The sky so blue. Then here comes my Dad (79 years old) driving his scooter, looking good until he got pass my window. He had a cig hanging out his mouth.
I'm just sitting here shaking my head, what are you gonna do? He wont listen ............

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2008 3:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2008 7:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

People sometimes won't listen when they are talked to about quitting. Perhaps by you setting an example though he'll come through. It doesn't always work though. Hugs to you.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2008 9:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I started my fitness campaign. I would walk, walk, walk for two miles to a park. I would take $5 with me so I could get a cup of coffee or iced tea and sit in the park for a while and then start the walk back. Did I mention that I also brought two cigarettes with me to smoke while sitting in the park? It doesn't make sense to me now, but at the time it made perfect sense to me.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
marg

Quit Date:
October 10, 2008

PostPosted: October 9, 2008 7:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, Carla i can relate to that so well I go the the gym and also work out at home, first thing i did after walking out of gym was light up a smoke Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: