quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hanging on!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leen

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 9, 2004 2:01 PM    Post subject: Hanging on! Reply with quote

Shocked Hanging is the word. I feel like I am going crazy.
I had one cigg yesterday and it was terrible. Today I had none and I made hubby take them darn things with him. Out of sight out of mouth.
I amdoing do good so far but I know hell week is starting agian for me . I have to get it out of my system instead of putting myself on the rollercoaster. I am doing it one hour at a time. I got up and took the kids to school and that was about , I will say 8. So I have been smoke free for five hours and counting. If I can do it fully today I won't want to turn back and this will be my quit. Oh my gosh I am rambling again. I havent been able to take my ride , rain. I am in WI and I know what you mean about Chicago weather. lol
Every day is different in the weather dept. One day you have your heat on and the next the air con. lol
Well it has let up a bit so maybe I can get a ride in. I played for five hours on the playstation two. I love some games and when I get bored that is what I had to do. I didnt want to smoke and that is when I do. I am having trouble also typing. I better go . I have typed enough. I better get a ride in . ttyl
Thanks for the support.
I am doing this. I can hardly believe it , I really am not craving that much I am just bored, Ya know.
ttyl
Wink

aunt leen
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 9, 2004 2:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it up Auntie Leen,

It is so great to see you back and trying again. Every time I see you I know you are getting closer to the quit that sticks. I hope this is the one for you. I know I felt so ready to stop when it stuck for me. That is not to say I dodn't have a few shakey times but you are so much stronger than you think and you will make it through.

Cheering you on

I wish you peace.

alison
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 9, 2004 2:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leen, I am right there with ya hun, hangin on! I have such mixed emotions. I guess that is what happens when you quit. As long as we don't quit quitting. I am having a rough time. I have been for weeks now, so I can understand what you are going through. Think positive you are doing great!!! I need to listen to myself more often Rolling Eyes I'm here if you need anything.

Cool Cool

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 9, 2004 2:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramble all you want. Posting was the one thing that kept me from going crazy the first few weeks. Also the one thing that really helped me with the craves was excercise...and walk or on the Bow Flex. Just hang in there and do whatever you have to do to not smoke!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
leen

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 9, 2004 3:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. I didn't get to go for my ride, but I did a few things around the house. I really didn't want to but hey no one else will do it. lol
I did go outside and play with the dog a bit and grabbed a bottle of water out of the garrage. I have a few bottles left and it felt right to grab one and chug it down. I also made some juice so I can go on.lol
I have the shakes and I think that is one of the symptoms and I have a hard time typing.
Thank you Alison. I was happy to see you here. It does make all the difference when you have old friends and new ones helping you along the way.
I just get a little shakey and have to jump on here .
I am hanging on pretty good . THanks to everyone. Very Happy

aunt leen
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: June 9, 2004 6:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leen
Keep fighting this thing. You can win. Do not give in to the nicodemons whispers, they all are all lies to keep the addiction alive and well. You have a bunch of support here.
Jim
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: June 9, 2004 7:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Your doing it'''''''"Good for you Laughing Laughing Keep posting, were here for you ............Gail
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 9, 2004 10:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear leen,
I am glad you are getting back on track! Remember like Bob the builder-yes we can.lol. I am so proud of you for not completely giving up.
Barbara - Free and Healing for Six Days, 22 Hours and 21 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 12 Hours, by avoiding the use of 153 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $22.88.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
leen

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 10, 2004 8:35 AM    Post subject: Still here Reply with quote

Yes like Bob the builder. lol
I am doing okay. Thought i was going crazy yesterday. Then hubby came home and we sat in the garrage talking. Of course he was smoking . In a few min. I said to him. Well I am done how about you. Meaning smoking but I had no cigg. He looked at his and said he was done too. I thought it was kinda funny but I knew I didn't need a cigg to talk to him or to go into the garrage.
Now today I hope I can get a ride in and do some running to keep myself busy. Yesterday it was video games but today I have no leasure time for that.lol
I will check back in later when I know I feel like I am going to drive myself insane. lol
Wink

aunt leen
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 10, 2004 8:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Aunt Leen!! Do you mean to say that he is quitting or you both meant different things?? Sorry, I confuse easy Wink

Hope you get your ride in today, too, hon!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
leen

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 10, 2004 9:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry to say he won't quit. It was just funny due to when I did smoke we would sit in the garrage and when I was done and ready to go into the house I would say that I was ready and done with my cigg and yesterday I said it but had no cigg. I guess I should've been a little more clearer. lol
I know I ramble and people don't get what I am saying. I guess I get too comfortable and should know to clarify better. Yes I hope for a ride today but I don't think it will happen. It is pretty cloudy so maybe I can do some excersice from my tape and that should get the old heart a pumpin. lol
ttyl

aunt leen
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 10, 2004 11:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's what I thought you meant, Leen, I guess I was just hoping he meant he was quitting, too Wink I'm projecting of course, because I so badly want my hubby to find the freedom I've found. I'm glad you could sit out there with him anyway...I avoided my husband like the plague unfortunately when I first quit because first it bothered me, then it angered me that he wouldn't try, and now...well, now I'm smarter and know that this quit is mine and if and when he tries I can be the best supporter EVER Very Happy

Never mind about any rambling you might do...we can follow you just fine and if not, you'll be patient with us I'm sure!

Take care hon,

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: June 11, 2004 2:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leen,
Well you made it through another day! Just keep it going one day at a time.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I know I can, I know I can, I know I can!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: