quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Well It happened just like
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 6, 2008 10:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Jo and Deb. Thanks Jim I need all of it you can send...I work on being more of a positive person but these blame minor set backs are kickers.

I am beginning to adjust yet again to the loss of my middle sister. I told my oldest sister yesterday that the middle one was like a damn cat bet we would go through this nine times... Embarassed
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 6, 2008 10:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, be grateful for the family you have. I have no one on my side anymore; my younger sister (and only sibbling) died at age 58 in 1999, mother died in 2001. My husband, too, has no one living. We have our children and grandchildren for which we're very thankful but it sure would be nice to have someone of our generation to talk with.

Enjoy the family you have and keep them as close as possible.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 6, 2008 6:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo, thanks for all the wonderful support...I have truly missed you. My parents are deceased so it is just the three of us girls and our children left. My husband's mother is still alive...she is 92 and still lives alone. She has macular degeneration and wears hearing aids...but still looks maybe 72.

I tried so hard for six years to hold this family together...keeping the children who chose bad paths at bay as long as I could. I am afraid they wore me down....I have never seen grown men who just refuse to work and guess I am from a generation that measures their manhood by their ability to hold a job, want a job and be able to support at least themselves. Now, before anyone takes my head off, I know times are very hard right now but these boys are in their 40's and still think they are "out" for the summer vacation. I know it in my heart that I was removed from a bad situation for more than one reason...maybe she was protecting me. See, I had just asked the drugstore to check video and signed tickets trying to catch the live-in making purchases against a credit card that had my name on it also. I think I was fired to stop me from getting the information they knew I would find and putting the live-in in jail.

Thanks again for letting me vent my heartache here...I miss the years of X'mas and Thanksgiving get together...come to think of it, we have not had one since she has been on the scene.
Kay

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 11, 2008 7:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oldest sister called and said the middle sister had made it to California. Since none of them drive on the interstate often, that was a great concern. I guess my main concern now is waiting to see what happens next....I can feel it inside so I know something is going to happen, just don't know how bad it will be or when it will happen...this causes me anxiety and yes I know I need to work on that but, it is hard waiting for the other shoe to drop when you can feel it dangling above your head.
Kay

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 13, 2008 8:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate that feeling...just knowing and waiting. Frustrating. But, you can only do what you can do....the rest, well...it won't change anything by worrying and fretting...the anxiety, except cause "you" grief. They apparently aren't bothered by it in their own heart and conscience, and worrying isn't bothering them just you. Care and be prepared to act, but let the rest go. Kay, you've done all you possibility can...keep her in prayer.

Love and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 14, 2008 6:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will Deb...I spoke to my dad's brother who lives in California and he agrees with you and Jo. You have no idea how much better I felt knowing that even though my dad was gone and I could no longer ask his opinion, his brother did not have a problem at all in voicing his. I feel sorry for my oldest sister now, she is having to face alot of reality for the first time in her life....I have to admit, I am very glad I hung a right when they turned left on the path of life....
Kay

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 15, 2008 11:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Glad you were able to talk with your uncle. Choices...quite the theme of life isn't it. Wink I'm glad you took that right path too....it lead you here Wink Very Happy

Big Hugs Kay!!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: