quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marg

Quit Date:
October 10, 2008

PostPosted: October 9, 2008 9:32 AM    Post subject: Day 1 Reply with quote

Its HERE, its midnight here, so its my quit day, Im so nervous, keep thinking I have picked the wrong day, as day 2 will be the weekend and hubby is not supportive at all, in fact he goes out of his way to get me on edge. But having said that is any day the right day?
This morning I woke and had the biggest craving, so i think the reduced amount i have been smoking is giving me withdrawal.
I again had 2 and must admit that they werent from a craving, i got through them, it was by choice, i have thought about it so much and have come to the conclusion if i make it something i dont allow myself to do it becomes more tempting. It is a choice i have, to smoke or not, and as of NOW i choose not to. I am worried I wont be able to get online on day 2 and most of day 3, but again if i make excuses thats all they are, excuses.
Im sure tomorrow oops today at work I will be logged in and reading stories.
Lol being the chicken I am Im off to bed, so the first 6 hrs i hopefully will be asleep. Smile
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: October 9, 2008 10:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it never feels like the right day.
dont give in.
those that dont smoke think its
no big deal. dont worry about your
hubby, just ignore him Wink

My avatars name is moon ray
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 9, 2008 1:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing I love what Pink said, "don't worry about hubby, just ignore him." Ditto her advice.

Yes, when we believe we are depriving ourselves, the temptation seems stronger. But you aren't depriving yourself...just the opposite...you are giving yourself the gift of life and freedom from having to constantly obey and feed the smoking addiction. Remember smokers don't "get" to smoke. They HAVE to smoke because of the constant nag to obey the need to get that fix.

Marg....really you will be ok...just follow the steps. Recognize, accept it for what it is (a suggestion to smoke), choose not to feed or go along with the suggestion to smoke, occupy yourself, and just wait...it will pass. Fixating on a cigarette is just that....dwelling on the thought of it over and over. Don't worry about what ifs...just handle it a moment at a time.

And not being able to access the computer over the weekend...how about this...picture yourself and look forward to the time when you will be able to get to the computer and posting how you made it through!! Very Happy

Congrats and Welcome to Your First Day of Freedom Very Happy

You Go Girl!!! Kick some nicodemon butt!!

Big Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 9, 2008 3:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, "today" is always the best day to quit, marg - you can do this! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
marg

Quit Date:
October 10, 2008

PostPosted: October 9, 2008 10:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its now lunch time here I'm at work and have done very little Smile (its our own business so i get away with it)
This morning dragged, but i didnt have any craving, which has been good, I have thought about smokes but thats all it was, a thought. I have been reading alot of posts in here, just to keep myself positive.
I think this time i know abit more what to expect, and now also know its normal, not sure with the relapse of 2 weeks if i will get the stomach problems and depression i had last time, (one night i felt so bad i thought of driving into a tree, then thought with my luck i would just end up bed ridden).
This time its more about the addiction to nicotine , im not loosing a friend, just something that i mistakingly thought was, yes it was there for good times and bad, but it didnt change the outcome of any of them.
Im not sure if its my cold making me hot one min then cold the next, or the nicotine leaving me, i am prepared for it to get worse but maybe it wont.
I think night time will be my test, but will worry about that when it happens
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 9, 2008 10:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marg!

Hey, you mentioned reading to keep yourself positive. Have you checked out what Kevin did when he quit...each morning he wrote out his affirmations...I will not smoke today, etc..

Check these tales out....
Today, I Choose Life!
http://www.woofmang.com/tales/today_i_choose_life.shtml

Planning Ahead
http://www.woofmang.com/tales/planning_ahead.shtml

Kevin wrote in Plannning Ahead the following affirmations that he committed to each day...

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and i'm determined to NEVER FORGET that i'm a nicotine addict who can't afford to take that first puff. i've been establishing the habit of looking in the mirror every morning as soon as i wake up and reminding myself that i am a nicotine addict, that i can't afford to feed that addiction even once, and that, today, i choose not to smoke. i think this is crucial: one of america's founding fathers (franklin? jefferson?) said, "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance",

Now, these work! Affirmations and constant reminders to self work. It's like eating. The body needs to be fed daily to maintain it's strength. And along those same lines, our resolve and inner self needs to be fed daily with affirmations and reminders to remain strong also.

You are doing great...keep it going. Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2008 7:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little mantra's can help.... I CHOOSE freedom!!......SMOKING is NOT an option.......One day at a time......

You CAN do it Marg!!! Believe in yourself! And it is a great day to take back your freedom - and break the chains of nicotoine addiction... you might appreciate this tale....Only on Day One...

http://www.woofmang.com/tales/only_on_day_one.shtml

Go for it!!! Quitting is an amazing journey....the first days are not easy - but most of the good things in life require a little hard work and effort. Its worth everything you put into it! Keep it going....you can do it!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: