quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this normal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 11, 2004 7:10 AM    Post subject: Is this normal? Reply with quote

And if so, what is happening? Shocked

As I am into day 6, I have been having the increased cravings (more than days 1-3). But, of course, I am feeling emotionally (and I think physically) better each day. Cool

What is happening is that I will have a craving, let it pass, then within about 5, 10 or maybe 15 minutes I swear I feel a slight "chemical" surge in my body. I know this sounds weird. But I can only describe it as if my body is rewarding itself for not getting the nicotine.

This could be my body just resetting itself. "Rewarding" being that it has to learn how produce its own adrynaline, etc. Please, has anyone had something like this happen????

It is not an unpleasant feeling and I kinda laugh at it happening. This has been going on for about 2 days.

Well, I guess I should enjoy it, if it isn't going to last! LOL!!!! Laughing
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 11, 2004 7:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's one I've never heard of. If you think you need to, see a doctor. If not, well, a lot of things are happening to your body right now, and will even into the second week. You are still "detoxing" from all of those chemicals you force fed into your body.

this sensation is pleasing? I have had lots and lots of what I call stress related adrenaline "rushes", or creepy crawly skin...but I'd hardly call them pleasant!

Otherwise, it sounds like you are doing great...so keep kicking ash!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 11, 2004 12:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamela ~
Thanks for the reply. I know how wackydoodle it sounded! I read some more on whyquit.com and I think what is happening is my dopamine circuits/levels are trying to get themselves straight.

Recovery is so strange! Cool
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 11, 2004 1:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an endorphine rush. Similiar to the brain chemistry that kicks in during or right after hard physical excercise. That rush is great!

Joshua

I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 24 seconds (26 days). I have saved $119.30 by not smoking 795 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 18 hours and 15 minutes of my life.

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: