quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Doctor Visit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 14, 2008 10:12 PM    Post subject: Doctor Visit Reply with quote

Very Happy I've got to have surgery on a lump removal and also got put on high blood pressure medicine. I'm not doing so hot this week. I have a monster living next door to me and the owner of the complex is retaliating, and the fight with in-laws. I've felt like I over cicuitied some these past 2 days but I'll make it cause I'm a survivor.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 15, 2008 12:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{Barbara}}} Sounds like it has been a very challenging week - hang in there - yes - you will get through it...because you are a strong, determined woman!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 15, 2008 12:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hang in there, barbara - they can only win if you let them.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: November 15, 2008 5:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that life can be fine then a whole bunch of things come along together to disturb the peace. I have now doubt things will be looking up soon but in the meantime the (mock) Latin phrase sums it up for me "Illegitimi non carborundum" (can't write the translation here Wink )

Best wishes

Nic

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 15, 2008 9:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfirth wrote:
"Illegitimi non carborundum"

Yep, keep going!! Like Nic said...above...translated..."don't let the ***s grind you down"! Wink

Wearing down...get some rest, and stand straight, head up, and do something nice for yourself.

Sorry to hear about the lump, and the blood pressure meds. No doubt, part of the hypertension is due from the extreme stress of life right now for you. {{{{{Barb}}}}} Maybe just meeting up with Leona this weekend will be a nice break and be refreshing for you. Definitely let us know how it goes with the lump. Hoping it's nothing of a serious nature.

Love and Hugs Barb!!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 15, 2008 1:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you all. I'm going to do some walking today as it is not raining yet. A neighbor asked me over for a some drinks last night but I declined but I wasn't not feeling up to par. Today will be different cause I'm going to walk, eat good, and try to do more good things for myself.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: November 16, 2008 3:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb I am sorry we havent been able to get together on this trip but when I move down here then we wil get to gether. I will be thinking of you adn your troubles that are plagueing y ou. Life can be so hard sometimes but feel free to call I am usually around.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: November 16, 2008 10:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

please,let us know how your doing barbara.

My avatars name is moon ray
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 16, 2008 10:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you all,

I had a hectic day today but at least I'm getting use to the blood pressure medicine. My Bp seems to be getting higher each night though. I gave a neighbor money yesterday and today to take her dog to the vet to only find out today she was drinking. So I got upset that she has money for booze but not her dog. Then I get mad at the doctor I have an appointment with tomorrow for their shoddy practices. I've just about had it with these people around here at times. It would be nice to move some where nice for a change but I suppose everywhere will have something wrong. I've just decided tonight to chill out and say for just now I'm going to be calm cool and collect. I'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 17, 2008 8:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you have proved here is that you are indeed a survivor....we have all learned to take it one day at a time...it would be nice however, it the crap would come one day at a time....hang in there girl...you can do it. Please keep us informed on your surgery.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 18, 2008 8:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Kay,

My neighbor's dog is feeling lots better today so I feel a lot better. My blood pressure is higher tonight than it has been since I've been logging it. I feel better mentally though so I don't know why my Bp is up. I will let you know how my surgery goes when I get it set up.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: