quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How's It Going (for the Newbies)?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 24, 2008 10:29 AM    Post subject: How's It Going (for the Newbies)? Reply with quote

Morning Quit Friends,

Just wondering this morning how the newbies are faring with their quits. So, how's the quit going for you? Smile

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 12:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i'm not a newbie, but i thought i'd answer anyway: my quit's going really well; it was rough at first, but it smoothed out quite a bit after the first couple of months or so, then there were a few more rough patches, but it smoothed out a bit more after about the 6 month mark, then there was a bit more turbulence, but it really smoothed out a lot by the end of the first year.

there have been isolated pockets of turbulence since then (particularly the third year, due to some personal issues), but, at this point, i'd have to really do some serious pondering to even remember the last time i had a crave...

thanks for asking. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 12:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Kevin....thanks for sharing! Maybe you could change the title of the thread to just "How's your quit going?" Wink Smile

Might as well answer myself....

Going good for the most part. Rarely think of it...except for the great once in awhile happening like the other night. For me it boiled down to acceptance, and embracing life without smoking. Being settled once and for all. It is truly about loving the new me!! Smile

Hugs!!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 6:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb and Kevin. My quit I will say has become quite strong and I believe stable. I too have had my moments. I must be hnest tho', I can not remember the last time I had to do any pondering about to smoke or not to smoke. But, I also know that I must never let my guard down, the addict in me could wake up.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 6:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am concerned my quit is going great!

This is the 1st time I have got to the stage where I have actually allowed myself to believe that I will never smoke again.

Initially that statement would have filled me with anxiety and self doubt. Now it fills me with hope and determination.

There are points almost every day when I feel that I might fancy a smoke, I don't want one and its not a craving, but its a reminder that I spent years and years doing things one way and now that has changed.

I have a long way to go, but I feel that I now have the right mindset to make this quit permanent.

Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 7:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm a noob and it's going well....had some urges, talked..well demanded them to go away...reassured myself I wasn't going to smoke...and tried to be done with it. And if that didn't work, I drank ice water and ate something. Sad I'm sure that's not the answer but one croc at a time.

Tracy - Free and Healing for Twenty One Days, 22 Hours and 35 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 12 Hours, by avoiding the use of 439 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $81.26.

Thank God for small (strike that LARGE) miracles!

Woohooo!

Edit...Noticed one quit meter doesn't line up with the other...the one at the bottom thinks I quit at a different time..darn!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 11:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfirth wrote:
As far as I am concerned my quit is going great!

This is the 1st time I have got to the stage where I have actually allowed myself to believe that I will never smoke again.

Initially that statement would have filled me with anxiety and self doubt. Now it fills me with hope and determination.

There are points almost every day when I feel that I might fancy a smoke, I don't want one and its not a craving, but its a reminder that I spent years and years doing things one way and now that has changed.

I have a long way to go, but I feel that I now have the right mindset to make this quit permanent.

Thats great Nic!!!!

My avatars name is moon ray
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 11:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's senility but I really don't remember myself as a smoker. Life is wonderful as a free person; breathing deeply, smelling food and flowers, tasting food (probably a little too much of that) and enjoying no longer being tied to a pack and a lighter. I just wish current smokers could know what freedom is like. It surely would assist them in quitting. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 12:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkpearl wrote:

Thats great Nic!!!!

Yes its Bloomin marvellous Razz Razz Razz Razz

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 12:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

kannprint wrote:
I just wish current smokers could know what freedom is like. It surely would assist them in quitting. Smile

Jo,

Was thinking along those lines the other day. The difference between the two. And why I struggled for so long with getting there. It's just that....knowing the freeness....knowing how good life is without it. Called it embracing...but it goes deeper than that..a real joy deep inside about being quit. When it comes right down to it...I believe this is what keeps us from going back...enjoying what we do and definitely have not smoking.

And you're right....if they could only get ahold of this...they would do all they could to get quit. Cause it is so wonderful. Too bad we can't bottle freedom and give others a taste of it. Wink Smile

Hugs!!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 1:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin on the title change Wink Very Happy

Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 2:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going great...feeling better all ready! I'm on my 3rd day and don't miss it at all. Well I can't say at all cause I still get the urge here and there. But I have goals and I replace my thoughts with them goals when I thinking about smoking. Helps me stay true to the quit. Will stay in touch

Erick
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 3:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, Erick!!! I liked your post!!!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 25, 2008 11:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quit is going very well - thank your very much! I will say there are moments when things feel a little weak - and vulnerable - but for the most part I'm very content not smoking - and quitting was one of the very best decisions I've ever made. No regrets about quitting - always had lots of regrets about starting to smoke make back when. Now - I really love the freedom!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 26, 2008 11:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!!! Whether long time quit or new quit...hearing the same thing...

going well, glad I did, best thing I ever did, determined, hope, goals, loving it, strong and stable, content, a miracle, life is wonderful...

all reflecting a positive attitude and thankfullness!

Hmmm....secret to a sticky quit! Wink Very Happy Very Happy I believe so!

Amen to Freedom and Being Quit!
Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: