quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oh, the weight gain..........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 1, 2008 10:51 AM    Post subject: Oh, the weight gain.......... Reply with quote

Mad Confused Embarassed Confused Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Confused Embarassed Crying or Very sad Confused Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I know..it's after thanksgiving but it's monday and it's almost a month without smoking....but OMG....I really didn't think I was eating more...and I still don't but I'm less active I know.

Why immobile? Why the weight gain?

Sometimes afraid to do anything that might trigger that want...exercising was one of them which is totally stupid but anyway....

Depression...loss of something..."don't feel like doing anything" type mood

The mentality of "only one croc at a time"...whatever I need to move my butt before it can't move.

The change in your body...Body is trying to figure out what is missing...organs are changing, blood is trying to flow better and yet I sit still.

I'm missing a taste in my mouth so I'm drinking more than just water...in fact I think my water intake has decreased too much.

The weather is getting bad...rain, snow, cold!

What to do about it?
Make effort to drink water at least every other drink if you have to have something with flavor. (I don't like flavor waters though and it has hidden sodium)

Move today...at least an hour...even if in 15 minute intervals.

Check out local gym cost...justify it in place of buying cancer sticks.

Find a reasonable diet/way of eating that will be easy to cut back and not too much to feel like I'm depriving myself.
They have changed my thyroid medicine and I know that is having a play with all this change too....but that is something I can't do much about...unless anyone knows of a natural method to help low thyroid.

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 1, 2008 10:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is what goes up usually comes down... Laughing Laughing now, mine is dropping all on its own...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Elarya

Quit Date:
November 18, 2008

PostPosted: December 2, 2008 2:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a nut.. When I get like that, I sit here at the puter (or radio, or whatever have you) and play songs that seem to bring my mood up.

"Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkle always does it.. or, "Sweet Home Alabama..."

Try it... find some songs you have not heard in a little while, or that one song that always makes you smile. Go to youtube, search for it, and then dance away on your computer chair!

I hope it works, or at least brings the edge off Smile
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: December 2, 2008 10:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go more for like The Ramones, or Guided by Voices, or Snow Patrol Smile

My avatars name is moon ray
Elarya

Quit Date:
November 18, 2008

PostPosted: December 2, 2008 11:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkPearl, I have never heard of them.. I now have to go check them out on the tube! Really need to get my son to put songs on this little mp3 player I bought a year ago.... lol.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 4, 2008 2:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy,

I was like you too that I missed something with taste to it so it seemed I drank very little water back in those early days. Crystal Light tastes real good btw and little calories to it.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: