quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Interesting article about Chantix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: December 3, 2008 5:43 PM    Post subject: Interesting article about Chantix Reply with quote

http://nymag.com/news/features/43892/

It's a bit long but has some very detailed and good information about the drug. A good read if you have the time. Seems as if a few people on here have been talking about it for sometime so I decided to look it up get the low down. Like I said I don't put anything in my body unless I research it first and after reading this story NO WAY would I put that pill in me. But again to each there own.

Take Care,

Erick

Peace & Love, Peace & Love

Erick
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: December 4, 2008 1:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it for 5 weeks. I would urge anyone thinking about it to consult with multiple doctors. It took me a very long time to feel normal again and I didn't even take the full dose. I feel lucky that nothing really bad happened to me...

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
gabrielle

Quit Date:
October 14, 2008

PostPosted: December 4, 2008 5:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a pretty crazy article. It is nice to have someone put in writing some of what I was feeling while on Chantix. Some of it was a bit much, but the descriptions of hallucinations, dreaming, and general screwed-up-ness were right on. Scary stuff, Chantix is. I did stop taking it. I can't believe I took it as long as I did with the way I was feeling. I decided I would try to quit all on my own, and I did. October 14=last cigarette. I am truly happy for the people that it has worked for and had minimal or no side effects, but I really cannot believe this stuff is still available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: