quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WHAT A WEEK!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 11:55 AM    Post subject: WHAT A WEEK!!!! Reply with quote

Well were do I start...Monday Dad goes into the hospital and was there all week. Had Christmas in the hospital with my family.

My family was DRIVING me nuts!

My sister was trying to CONTROL everything and no one would stand up to her. She was supposed to cook a Christmas dinner but her and husband forgot to pick up the stuff from the grocery store. So what did we have for Christmas dinner Chinse food. We were not happy. Mom was pissed cause this is the first year we did not have a Christmas dinner.

On top of that me and my wife had to put our cat to sleep on Friday! Now I never thought that it would hit me with us putting the cat down, as a matter of fact I would joke about it. Anyways I was CRUSHED!! It killed me to think he would not be at the door when we got home, when I open a can in my kitchen he wont be jumping on the island, he wont be trying to get into the bags when we come home from shopping. I was/am so sad and I miss him A LOT!

Well im sorry to go on and on but I just wanted to vent...on top of that I was driving home from work the other day on Friday and found a half a pack of cigs in the back of the passanger seat. I drove home the whole way with that pack there. But yet didnt smoke, soon as I got home did the samething before ran them under water and threw them away. So still smoke free even through all that.

I really HOPE you all had a better Christmas then mine. And heres to a Happy and safe New Years to you all. Fresh start huh!

Take care,

Erick

Peace & Love, Peace & Love

Erick
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 1:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry about the loss of your pet cat. And that your Christmas was less than planned.

How is your Dad? Hope he's much better and your family can have a belated Christmas with a full Christmas dinner.

Congratulations on keeping your quit through all the mayhem of last week. Sure is great to be free, isn't it?

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 1:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Erick:

Sorry about your dad, and the cat and the Christmas dinner. However, on the bright side, you remembered that smoking would not make any of the above situations any better, and you stayed smoke free even through all of that.

Every time you can beat down the old Nicodemon like that, he becomes weaker and you become stronger.

Keep it going! And there's always New Year's dinner.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 2:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks You guys...he is doing a lot better, thanks for asking and as a matter of fact we did have a Christmas dinner at my moms on Saturday after my Dad got home from the hospital.

Happy New Year!!!!

Erick

Erick
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 3:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erick...You amaze me! I'm so proud of you. Stress can bring on some really bad thinking sometimes and then to find a 1/2 pack of cigarettes.

But you know, I think it's a good thing for you...it seems every time you find some hidden cigarettes you just stomp on Laughing Demon head and slam the door shut and confirm your quit. Way to go!!!

I'm glad your Dad is better and you did have a Christmas meal.

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 3:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is...when I got home and told my wife and showed her "look what I found in my car" holding up the pack. She said ohh can I have one, LOL. Some support system...

Think she was stressing out about putting the cat to sleep which I can understand...but smoking not going to help!

Erick

Erick
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 5:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was she a smoker, Erick and did she quit at the same time?

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 5:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she is one of them social smokers...so she could go out have some drinks and smoke here and there and not smoke or think about it again.

So with the stress of putting the cat to sleep and all I guess she needed one...and you know what to be honest with you and this is something I have said before if I was a social smoker that would be great, lol not great I will explain what I mean.

If I could go out have 2 or 3 cigs then not think about it anymore then I would do it. BUT I can't...I'm an addict, just like how an alcoholic can't have just one drink, I can't just have one smoke, We can't just have one smoke! I'm sure if you asked a lot of people on this board they would agree with that.

She says she very proud of me...I really don't think she should be smoking around me. Asked me if she could smoke in her car I told her UMMM NO!!!!

Erick
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 6:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best friend is like that but it's finally catching up with her. She smokes every night now and all through the weekends. Not during the day and I'm glad for that but before bed and on the weekends....we all have our line of addiction...

Quote:
and you know what to be honest with you and this is something I have said before if I was a social smoker that would be great, lol not great I will explain what I mean.

I felt like that on my first quit...if I could only pick it up now and again. But I don't feel like that this time...let me explain.

It's taking everything I have to not smoke at this moment and I haven't smoke in 56 days.....How would I feel if I had a cigarette this weekend? I would be gone, totally addiction...so no, if I had the opportunity....I'm pretty sure I would decline that smoke. It's just so precious this time...I know how easy 4 years of not smoking is blown away and I think about it everyday.

But I do understand what you mean and I hope she can put it down before it grabs ahold too much. And stick to your guns....you don't need to smell it when you are craving too. Very Happy

and Erick, I'm so sorry for your loss...I know it's hard especially when you think it wouldn't bother you....

You're doing AWESOME!

~Tracy

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 11:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a tough week, erick; glad you realized that smoking wouldn't help and made the right call. keep up the good work! remember: life can be tough, but there's no situation so bad that going back into voluntary slavery to your addiction can't make it worse...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 11:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

You had a bad week. You must be proud that you are still smoke free through all of it. I'm proud of you.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: December 30, 2008 9:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all are some great people!!!! Could not ask for a better support system...

Hope everyone has a great New Year

Erick

Erick
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: December 30, 2008 11:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo whooo!!! You are a great quitter Erick!!

Be very proud of what you've come through - and kept your quit strong!

I hope you can start the new year in a very boring uneventful way!
You've learned a lot about nicotine addiction...its your choice and you are doing a great job of choosing FREEDOM!!

Well done!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: