quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New beginnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evie

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 2, 2009 8:59 AM    Post subject: New beginnings Reply with quote

Firstly, Happy New year to everyone! and secondly sorry I've not been around. Am on my 2nd smoke free day and this time I've prepared myself for stopping much more than I did back in November. I'm accepting the urges and not giving in. Feeling good and in the right frame of mind to keepy choosing not to smoke. Will be starting back at the gym next week as not used my memebership since September...what a waste!! waist!! and I'm not letting the latter get any bigger now that I'm not smoking. One day at a time is my motto now. Always tried to do too much in one go in the past. Will be coming here for and giving support. I would like to put a photo on site , but not sure how too. Any ideas anyone??
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 2, 2009 10:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy new year to you, too, evie - there's at least one thread up in "message board tips" about posting a picture to your profile. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 2, 2009 10:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Evie.....it's good to see you!!!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Dianne

Quit Date:
June 21, 2009

PostPosted: January 2, 2009 10:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on day 2!!! It is nice to see some other newbies coming out!! Be proud of day 2 with no smoking. I have been doing alot of reading the past few days and I read somewhere about how quitters downplay the first few days when we should be shouting it from the rooftops!!! So shout it out!! I plan to be right behind you and am happy to "meet" you.... Very happy for you! Very Happy
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: January 2, 2009 11:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! glad your back!

My avatars name is moon ray
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 2, 2009 11:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So good to see you on these boards again, Evie. You're going at this quit in the right way -- knowledge is key. Keep reading everything you can about the dangers of tobacco. I'm with Dianne, be so proud of your accomplishment tell everyone. She's absolutely right. Getting past the first few days is a huge milestone. Be very proud of yourself and just keep it going.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: January 2, 2009 5:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evie,

Congrats and welcome back...And good for you to get back into the gym always good to get rid of one bad habit and start good habit. Once your in that motion of going you wont be able to stop.

Take Care,

Erick

Peace & Love, Peace & Love

Erick
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 2, 2009 11:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evie - welcome back to woofmang and to "QUIT".... You are off to a great start! Hope to see you here often! You CAN do it! You ARE doing it! One day at a time works! Even after 1661 days...I only worry about today! Tomorrow will take care of itself until it is today!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Evie

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 3, 2009 7:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. Well done Tracy on keeping your quit, I followed your posts for a while on your new quit and it's great to see you're doing so well.

It feels so good being in control of this quit and being prepared this time. No more excuses, just the choice of not to smoke today.

The visits to this site since last July have helped me to prepare for this quit.

Thanks al again.

Evie xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: