quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nervous about move
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 1, 2009 8:24 PM    Post subject: Nervous about move Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

I am so nervous about my upcoming move. I hope and pray I am doing the right thing. My brain says I am but my emotions I'm not so sure. I suppose that what I'm scared of is the opposition to where I am moving. I am sick of opposition as so many in my enviroment have been opposing me. I don't feel like my lawyer is on my side anymore and I don't have it in me to start over with a new one.

When I wake up in the morning I just want to crawl back in the bed and forget all that has to be done or that is going on. When night time comes though I feel a lot stronger at times. I suppose that is because I've always been a night person. I also believe I feel better at night because there are no business I can take care of.

This thing has really shaken me up folks. I'm getting too old for this moving and my spirit has seemed to be broken to a degree for the fight soon to come. My common sense tells me that what I am doing is right t move back into my house. The part of me that has been broken though doubts it will work out.

When I lay in bed at night to go to sleep I get angry at my in-laws for thinking they should get the house and trying to take it from me. Then I get angry at myself for letting them keep me out of the house the past 15 months through intimadation. That's why I blame my lawyer for ignoring my thoughts of taking over the house. It has been empty for the past 15 months and that angers me as that is not good for a house.

I think that what really has me shaken up is that this is something I am doing for the 1st time since quitting smoking that requires so much work physically and emotionally. There is a lot of preparation before I can move like getting a stove and refrigerator. I've actually had done other things already before thinking about the stove and refrigerator. I'll need a roommate if my in-laws get half the house in court and I want to buy them out. There's been calls and calls to make and such.

I'll miss the ones here where I live now that I viisit every day. I'll miss the Jack Russell my one neighbor has. After I move it won't be the same to drive here instead of just walking over to their place.

Well, I'm going to continue to put one foot in front of the other as I've already got the wheels in motion. I am going to pray for strenght to get through this as I have faith that God will do right by me. He always has.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 1, 2009 11:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a big step, barbara - it's no wonder you're nervous. don't let it overwhelm you; you can only do one thing at a time. just concentrate on doing the next thing that needs to be done.

hang in there. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 1, 2009 11:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kevin. It is a big step to take. I'm going to try to not let it overwhelm me.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 2, 2009 6:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Barbara))

My saying follows what Kevin said.... I can only kill one alligator at a time.

You can only worry about the next step and it seems you need to worry about you. In the midst of all this commotion, try and do something special for yourself that will help you relax and enjoy life....even if it's only 30 minutes.

hang in there...it will be done soon enough

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 2, 2009 7:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara - its might help to start visualizing a positive outcome - see yourself all settled in, happy and enjoying yourself. Keep it positive whenever you can - it might not be smooth sailing to get there - but you'll get there! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 2, 2009 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sort of like giving up cigarettes -- one day, hour, minute at a time. Have you thought about "scratch and dent" appliances. Some folks we know buy all theirs like that and save quite a bit of money.

Barbara, just remember, "If God brought me to it, He'll bring me through it." God's will for us is good!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 2, 2009 3:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.

Jo, a friend of mine told me about a store that has large appliances used. I'll have to check out scratch and dent also if we have it here. What do I look under?

I took a couple of boxes over to the house this morning. I didn't unpack them as I feel like it will give me something to do while waiting for stuff to be delivered.

I tried to have the electric put in my name at the house before my in-laws have it shut off when they find out I've taken over. A friend told me if the house goes without electric that the power company won't turn it back on unless the the circuit breaker is cut off 1st. Does anyone know why this is? I have fuses in the house.

I went to the Dollar store today and got a sponge mop to clean the hardwood floors at the house and some other things. I use to use mop and glo for hardwood floors but I haven't seen it sold anywhere for a long time. One of my friends said she uses white venegar and water to damp mop her hardwood floors.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: April 2, 2009 8:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive never heard about the electric.......
I hope it all works out for you, barbara.
I really do. Your doing what your gut tells
you so maybe it will just all work out.
Sometimes just from word of mouth people can find
appliances. Im sure someone will help you out.

My avatars name is moon ray
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 2, 2009 10:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb in the end it will all work out as it should despite what you do. YOU will be fine my friend. Your a survivor and no matter what the in laws throw at you you can take it and you will do great. Remember we are here for moral support if you need us.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: April 3, 2009 8:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugs and Prayers Barb ~ Take your worries one day at a time like Jo said. Good luck with everything.

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 3, 2009 11:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. I am feeling better about the move today. Things seem to falling into place. I've found a guy who sells used appliances that will contact me when he gets what I need. Hopefully in a few days. I can get a full size refrigerator for less than a new small one.

I have set the move date for a week from this weekend to get the ball rolling. I can not continue to put if off forever as it will be if I don't set a time frame.

I packed a box and got rid of some things today. I also went to Home Depot before I talked to the guy about the used appliances. I emailed my attorney to feel her out. I talked to a prospective roommate.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 4, 2009 10:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, barbara. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 4, 2009 1:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Kevin.

Today I went shopping for hot plates but could not find one. I got a flat gridle instead that I may be able to also put a pot on. I got my grass at the house cut today. One of my old neighbors said hi Barbara and seemed happy to see me. They all wanted for me to take over the house a long time ago. I also washed clothes this morning so I am already tired. I must be use to being busy now though cause I feel like doing more things. I also think now that I don't feel so stressed about things I have more energy.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 4, 2009 4:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 5, 2009 6:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, another business day coming up and I'm getting stressed with all the stuff I've got to take care of.

I will be alright though.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: