quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I had to pop in here and say....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dianne

Quit Date:
June 21, 2009

PostPosted: June 23, 2009 9:29 AM    Post subject: I had to pop in here and say.... Reply with quote

I have been quit for 1 Day, 11 hours, 30 minutes and 11 seconds (1 days). I have saved $11.35 by not smoking 23 cigarettes. I have saved 1 hour and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/21/2009 7:58 PM

I am taking it one day at a time but right now I am doing my own little happy dance!!

nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: June 23, 2009 3:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wood work there,

A long journey starts with a few steps, just keep on walking Smile

essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: June 23, 2009 7:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, Dianne, you're off to a great start! Check in often, that is what kept me going ~ all the great people on this site. Keep doing the happy dance, that will help too. Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 23, 2009 11:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start Dianne!! Keep it going...and love that happy dance! Believe in yourself - you CAN do it!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2009 11:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: June 24, 2009 9:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there, don't give up. I promise it gets better. Cool

Quit attempt #2!
Dianne

Quit Date:
June 21, 2009

PostPosted: June 25, 2009 8:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it has been interesting... I am not the nicest person in the world these days... But I do not really care cause

I have been quit for 3 Days, 10 hours, 39 minutes and 43 seconds (3 days). I have saved $26.44 by not smoking 55 cigarettes. I have saved 4 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/21/2009 7:58 PM

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 25, 2009 9:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

"nice" compared to who?

don't compare yourself to some ideal person (or even to yourself when you were using cigarettes as your crutch); allow yourself to be what you are, get through the next 5 minutes as a free agent, and assume that everyone will give you a pass (they will, you know)...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: June 25, 2009 5:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boogie! WooHoo! Let me join you in that happy dance. You are doing great and people will understand your "mood" if you tell them why you are not the nicest person. Most of us went through that. Keep the quit and keep dancing! It looks good on you! Boogie! Boogie!

Essie
4/14/04
Dianne

Quit Date:
June 21, 2009

PostPosted: June 27, 2009 3:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this post.... I had a Light bulb moment last night....

I went to my staff party and I was drinking... But I NEVER smoked at work at all.. I would smoke at home in my bathrobe and once I was dress and showered I would not smoke again until I was on the drive home... (SAD... But so true...) SO I was not worried last night at all about the drinking making me smoke. I knew no one else smoked.. and even if they did I would not.. It is hard to explain here.. but I have already taught myself not to smoke in social situations... And in some ways I look forward to them now... But I also realized last night that I only had 2 true cravings all night... 2 moments where the thought of smoking came in my mind and stayed for awhile... And I accepted the thought, gave into its energy and once it saw that It was not going to get what it wanted it would drift away... In these moments I say the difference between a true physical CRAVE and a habit of thought.... And I realized its truth in me.... The best part was I did not leave early.... I did not make an excuse why I could not stay and have fun... Just so I could get in my car head home and smoke and smoke..... I realized this is what freedom must be like... This what life will be if I keep this quit.. WHEN i keep this quit... I will be leaving early because I WANT too,, not to have a smoke... Or I will at some point STAY and party the night away because smoking will not even cross my mind....

When I did finally drive home about 8 hours since it started... ( I only drank in the first hour... don't worry) OH DID THE WANT OF A SMOKE HIT ME...... It was probably the strongest one yet... ANd It was tough.... But I accepted it and its power and realized it may have had a Large amount of power 5 days ago... but today I am stronger... And it made things peaceful even as my body was not in a good place... even though my mouth was dry and my hands were shaky I felt a type of peace and in that moment... I said to myself again....." I am doing this.. it is doable.... And I finally GET IT" And WOW I can not express that feeling.. I felt like I was on top of the world....

I have been quit for 5 Days, 17 hours, 38 minutes and 30 seconds (5 days). I have saved $44.04 by not smoking 91 cigarettes. I have saved 7 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/21/2009 7:58 PM
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 28, 2009 12:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job Dianne!! Keep it going - keep choosing FREEDOM!! You can do it!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 28, 2009 4:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, dianne! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 18, 2009 12:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mindset and it has so much to do with the right attitude....love the penguin could it possibly be dancing to Mustang Sally by chance? Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: