quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Settling Down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 29, 2009 12:49 AM    Post subject: Settling Down Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi All,

I have moved as some as you may know. It is so nice to be away from the crazy old neighbor of mine. I do miss my garden though. I like my new apartment except for some things that are broken. I have to go back to court with my ex next door neigbor in January and I'll need a lawyer.

I have a new love interest in my life. His name is Bobby. He is a REAL person which is so unlike what I've been use to. I've know him a little over a month and we are taking things very slowly. I met him at the restuarant I hang out in. People that know him say he's really a good guy. We have the same mutual friends at this hangout. He lives 3 hours away from me and comes to town for a few days a week. He's been in town for the past 10 days so it's been nice seeing him a lot of that time. He's a real sweetheart.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: June 29, 2009 8:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hi Barbara ~ It's nice to see you smiling again. Do you have room for a couple potted plants? They could take the place of your garden for now. Flowers always make me feel better, in fact, sometimes when I'm feeling down I buy one of those $3 or $4 bouquets at the grocery store, it really helps lift my spirits. And a love interest to boot! Wow YOU! Keep smiling! Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 29, 2009 9:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Essie,

I really don't have room for potted plants. It is so nice to be happy again. My new apartment needs a lot of getting things put away sort of thing. My landlord wants for me to sign a years lease but I'm not going to. I plan to move in another 6 months to a year if I can.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: June 29, 2009 10:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your life is much better Barbara. Be happy.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: June 29, 2009 11:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad you moved!! Hopefully this will be a wonderful
thing in your life Smile

My avatars name is moon ray
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 29, 2009 11:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to have you back, barbara! congratulations on getting away from the crazy-makers, and the new love interest. take your time settling in; think about where you want things, and put them where they'll make you happy. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 29, 2009 11:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear things with the move are ok - keep smiling!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 30, 2009 11:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. I had fun with my new love interest yesterday in our hangout. He makes me feel so special and on top of the world. A friend of mine who use to work in the hangout/restuarant is after him though but I'm not worried because the way Bobby acts with me I know he won't stray.

Life is good once again. I have so many people in my life now compared to 3 years ago. People who are interested in what I say or interested if they see me. I have people who want to tell me about them. I can go into the restuarant where I met Bobby and him and I both know a lot of people and we have fun. I haven't been in the neighborhood bar in a long time cause I have more fun in the restuarant. I also have no interest in talking to any men in the bar. There are men in the restuarant also but that is different. I have my men friends in the restauarant and Bobby has his female friends in there. My male friends are Bobby's buddies and his female freinds are my close girlfriends.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: