quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

See I was the only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > just for fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 29, 2009 9:28 PM    Post subject: See I was the only Reply with quote

See, I was the only blabber mouth on this site....it is way to quite around here...makes me think me is deef... Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 29, 2009 9:54 PM    Post subject: Facebook??? Reply with quote

it is very quiet around here....sorry - had a busy day - but wanted to check in before I head to bed. Anyone have experince with Face Book? I've had a few long lost friends find me on Face Book (or is it Facebook?). Two from my ROTC days at Penn State that I just lost touch with along the way with the Army lifestyle of moving every three or four years. And one friend from Grade School - we've actually spoken on the phone. I've had mostly good experiences - anyone else?

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: August 30, 2009 6:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on FB also. But my name has changed too many times for anyone to know how to find me. Laughing

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: August 30, 2009 10:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been getting reaquainted with cousins from other states on Facebook. I enjoy that! Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: August 31, 2009 10:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! It is quiet around here for sure! In my counseling, strategizing and teaching, I spend a lot of time with my clients and students talking about social media strategies for their marketing and networking piece. Once such site for this is Facebook. I do like Facebook a great deal. I would have been a slow adapter (my sister is still not there) but I think my time here at Woofmang as well as the Care Pages we used for status updates on my dad's condition got me in the mindset of online community and online infomation transfer. Now I use Twitter for real time information and conversations that keep me at the forefront of trend forecasting. As for the social element, it's pretty terrific! Just as Woofmang is a safe place, Facebook is built on positivity and relationships. I am definitely a fan.
As I've said before, my nickname is Gidget, but my legal name is Tia Martinson. Look me up on Facebook anytime! (There is still one photograph of me with a cigarette, it surprises me everey time!)

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2009 11:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

Mary, I just recently joined Facebook and haven't had time to get in the swing with it.

Gidget, thanks for info. I will look you up on Facebook when I get more familar with how to do it.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 1, 2009 9:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been on facebook for a while, too - i don't get there as much as i used to, but i'm still on pretty regularly; please feel free to send me a friend invite:

http://www.facebook.com/kevin.j.foster

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > just for fun All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: