quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Suffering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex27

Quit Date:
November 4, 2009

PostPosted: November 14, 2009 6:02 PM    Post subject: Suffering Reply with quote

Hey there finishing the 11 day of my quit.

Its been a hell

Both Friday and Saturday I suffered the worst crave from day 1.

Wondering what else this demon has to throw at me ... I got the feeling that I haven't seen the worst yet.

One think is for sure If I haven't read these precious forums I would have broken today , but I didn't ...

I realized I am sic , I am an addict took several deep breaths and moved on.

I will describe my today's trigger in case It can help the other people they quit.

I had guitar practice did great and as soon as I finished and start driving back home I had a very nice feeling of self accomplishment witch triggered this very hard crave for smoke.

All take care

Alex
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: November 14, 2009 7:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep fighting Alex, it will get better, I promise. I smoked 42 years so I had to completely retrain myself to do things without a cigarette in hand. Hard? YES, but very possible. I had been quit 8 months when I did Christmas cards without a cig, was looking for them until I realized I had thrown them out 8 months ago. Laughed at myself! Be Strong, it is worth it! Here's a smile to help you thru. Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 14, 2009 10:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always smoked while I was driving...that was one of the things I "practiced" before I actually quit...I was sure that the car wouldn't start if I didn't have a cigarette in my hand...guess what - it did!! It took me almost a year to stop rolling the window down "just a little" like I always did as a smoker...it was nice to be able to leave the window closed when it was raining or snowing - didn't need the "fresh air" from outside the car since there wasn't any smoke inside the car!

Hang in there Alex!! Great job choosing to be free when your addicts brain was saying...go ahead and smoke!! Congrats on choosing freedom and LIFE!! Keep it going!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 15, 2009 12:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

a crave will always go away, if you let it. good for you for letting it go. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: November 15, 2009 1:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to fight. Remeber when you first started smoking, those first few puffs, your body fought you and tried to warn you that smoking was no good, well, it is time for you to fight to get that freedom back, and you did. WTG.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: November 16, 2009 3:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, craves wont last forever so let it go......
driving was terrible for me!!
well doing almost everything was terrible when
you have that demon friend for 28 years........
stick with it , it will get easier I promise!

My avatars name is moon ray
Alex27

Quit Date:
November 4, 2009

PostPosted: November 16, 2009 4:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny how my complete view on the quit changes day by day ,

Yesterday I felt that the most important thing for me in the world was smoke , I was even feeling something missing in my neck and lungs like I was suffocating .

I imagined my self smoking and felt like the best thing I tasted in my life.

I started thinking what an idiot I was for quitting such a nice thing ,

Show I take the dog out for a walk and I take money with me to go buy cigarettes and throw away a 13 day cold turkey wonderful quit.

I reached the tobacco shop and I....... I just couldn't take the decision to start smoking again , I couldn't give the command to my feet to walk in there and buy smokes. It felt totally wrong .

There I understood that nothing can make me smoke but my self no matter the craves no matter everything .

I remembered Kevin writings about choice , all the thoughts and the craves really lead to that.

Im glad I took the choice to stay away from nicotine , because smoking today seems for me like a past girlfriend that I am trying to forget.

Ps . Thanks all of you for the support this forum makes my quit much easier.

Ps.Jimotter Wish I had listened to my body back when I was 13 I was trying (forcing my self) to smoke for almost a year despite my very bad lung reactions to tobacco....Its Never to late
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 17, 2009 1:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, alex! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: November 17, 2009 5:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice Alex!

Essie
4/14/04
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: November 17, 2009 9:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

great decision!!! you dont want to re live those first few days of quitting do you???
Proud of you!!! you can do this!!!!
be proud of yourself.

My avatars name is moon ray
m228

Quit Date:
October 16, 2009

PostPosted: November 23, 2009 2:00 PM    Post subject: Cravings Reply with quote

I just quit on October 16, 2009 and I thought the cravings would never end, in fact, the first few weeks it just felt like one long craving. I didn't believe it when people said it would go away, it just didn't seem possible.

Now over a month quit, I am actually at the point where literally hours go by when I don't even give the nasty buggers a thought and when I do it is mostly "thank GOD I don't do that anymore!"

It doesn't seem possible now but you WILL feel like this. I am going on vacation, flying, today and I am always very nervous when I have to fly but even though I thought this would be a challenge, it isn't! I don't want a cigarette at all! In fact, I am really excited about a vacation where I WON'T get winded walking uphill and I WON'T say no to anything because I now have the energy to do everything and I feel so much better.

The analogy of an old girlfriend is very apt, it is really like giving up an abusive lover, one that you thought you couldn't physically live without only to find out that in the end they would have killed you if you hadn't broken off the affair!

Keep believing you can do it and soon it will become easier! It is by far the best thing I have ever done and my proudest accomplishment and that is saying something considering I have also quit drinking and lost a ton of weight!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: