quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jennifer, give us a report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 8:02 AM    Post subject: Jennifer, give us a report Reply with quote

You are on our minds, Jen. You have a fan club here.

How is it going??????

Tom

I have been quit for 5 Months, 2 Weeks, 7 hours and 39 minutes (166 days). I have saved $623.69 by not smoking 4,989 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 7 hours and 45 minutes of my life.

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 8:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAY 5!! WOOOHOOOOO Laughing . Doing good just still really tired and I am still in a daze! Cravings are still there but they are not as strong. They come and go but I think it's a more of a mind thing now! I haven't been outside during work hours. So I am just hangin out at my desk even though I get tired of that Rolling Eyes But, it is helping me so that's what matters. Nobody is bugging me to smoke which is good. I told them last week I am quitting for good! I mean it and don't come ask me to outside for anything and don't ask me if I want a cig. I QUIT SMOKING!!!!!! Cool Cool
I can't beleive I am on Day 5. I look back at everything I have went through the past month and it seems like a dream and I never want to go through that again! Thank You everyone for your help and being there for me! It feels so good to be able to come to a site like this and meet people going through the same thing and share there experiences and help eachother out. YOU ROCK KEVIN Very Happy Very Happy !!!!! EVERYBODY HERE ROCKS!!! WE ARE KICKIN SOME BIG TIME BUTT Razz Razz . Feeling good today as I'm sure you can tell. Thanks Tom for everything, didn't mean to worry anyone thanks for thinkin of me. I have 2 more days until HELL week is over! Laughing Laughing Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I have been quit for 4 Days, 8 hours, 23 minutes and 7 seconds (4 days). I have saved $17.39 by not smoking 86 cigarettes. I have saved 7 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/11/2004

Cool Cool Cool

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 9:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great job you are doing! Your almost through Hell week- if you can do that, you can do anything!

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 9:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAY TO GO, JENNIFER!

I'm so proud of you and so happy for you! Keep it up, Girl!

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 9:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Jennifer

Whatcha gonna do for you girlfriend? You need to have a one week reward cause you are making it.

I wish you peace.

alison
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 10:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome for you !!! I knew you would do it Jennifer!! Very Happy So proud of you!

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Rbns567

Quit Date:
May 18, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 11:40 AM    Post subject: GO JENNIFER GO!!!!KEEP STRONG YOUR GOING GREAT GUNS!! Reply with quote

Hey Jennifer WOW 5 DAYS! your going great with that quit Girl, I am proud of you KICK OLD NICOTINES BUTT!!..am pleased that your feeling better Hey dont forget to give yourself a present any treat will do..perfume, a hairdo anything at all..YOU DESERVE IT........your friend in quit..Ros Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (am full of smiles for you.. Wink

previously rosspink
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 1:47 PM    Post subject: Only 1 day left Reply with quote

Dear Jennifer.

You're doing a fantastic job with your quit and, just think, only 1 more day and you'll be out of that awful hell week. Next comes heck week, but that's a lot easier. You can hande it. Laughing

Please keep posting to the boards. We're all here to help each other out and we're all doing terrific jobs.

Living free for 2M, 4D, 16H, 20M and loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 2:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This quit sounds sooo good. Keep it up. We all know you can do it!!
John
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 3:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know about this! i really really wanna smoke. i am stressed at work i am over worked. i am tired and all i can think about is having a cig and feeling better. like relief. i just don't feel very positive right now! it is 3:00 this is the time i would go outside with my smoke buddys and chat and smoke!! i hate this! my morning was good afternoon is hell! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Jennifer,

there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 3:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ABSOLUTLELY do not need to smoke! What you need to do is anything BUT smoke- call a friend, twist a paperclip, chew some ice, chew your nails, wipe your desk down, wipe your nose, kick a trashcan, whatever- JUST DON"T SMOKE! It will get better. a little bit each day.

I Promise- the key is DO NOT SMOKE

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 3:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, DON'T DO IT!

You did the right thing by posting. Now just do something other than smoke!

You have a lot of folks pulling for you here.

I PROMISE you that not too far down the road you will be SO GLAD that you hung in there. I don't say that it will be tomorrow or next week, but it won't be more than two or three months down the road. Is that really so long?

Come on, Girl! We know you can do it. YOU know you can do it.

Tom

I have been quit for 5 Months, 2 Weeks, 16 hours, 12 minutes and 16 seconds (166 days). I have saved $625.02 by not smoking 5,000 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 8 hours and 40 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 12/31/2003

You see that??? I have NOT smoked 5000 freekin' cigarettes. You will be able to say that too in just a few short months, Jennifer, if you will just give it your absolute best shot right now!

Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 3:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer,

I don't think we've chatted before I'm Wanda. Today is my 3 month anniversary. I guess that means I've been there.

So now tell me why you wanted to quit, then tell me what has changed. Cause if they don't cause cancer, make you stink, take up all your extra money. Then I want back in. Is there a press release I missed.

I'm sorry for being a smart a$$, I just don't want you to smoke, you've made it through the really hard part. This is hard, but my goodness think back to the hell of the last 3 days.

Now if you still want to smoke reply to me, any of us. You can rant, rave, type the phone book. Just distract yourself. Just take deep breaths and don't think any further into the future than now. This crave will pass whether you smoke or not.

Stay with it, just for now!

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 3:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay it has been like a freakin hour and I still wanna smoke! I don't know why well maybe i am stressed i am tired, i feel like SH*T! i don't want to smoke but i do. It is hard to explain!!!! i feel like i am losing my mind.

Jennifer,

there is joy in living!
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2004 4:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer,

It does get easier is all I can tell you. I really do remember what your going through. My best suggestion for you right now, is go to whyquit.com and read or reread everything. If you still want to smoke read the stories again. I spent my first weeks educating myself. It was almost impossible to smoke, I knew to much. I had answers to all of Laughing Demon lies.

My first week, I felt like I had terrettes syndrome. I had so much anxiety I felt like I could just shout, or make sounds. I felt like I needed to go run, as if to escape something. Also here you are feeling stress, what would we normally do for stress, we would smoke, wait lack of smoking thats what's causing the stress. Talk about chasing your tail. Its an ongoing process this quit, not an act.

Choose life!

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: