quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TGIF 12-11-09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 11, 2009 9:13 PM    Post subject: TGIF 12-11-09 Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi! It is in the 30* here in Virginia and I'm all warm and cozy in my PJs sitting by the computer. What is your temperature like and is was it sunny or cloudy. Any snow or rain? Any plans for this weekend?

I will be having lunch or breakfast out with a girlfriend again this weekend. I hope to go to this restuarant at dinner time and see if I can run into someone I like. I'm totally smitten by this guy I'd like to run into. He goes into Hanks where Bobby goes and since I would feel funny flirting with him with Bobby around I hope to do it elsewhere.

Church on Sunday.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: December 11, 2009 10:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barb ~ That warm, huh? It is 17 here, with wind chill about -3. Went to an anniversary party for my sister and brother-in-law tonight, had to walk through the bar to the reserved room. I nearly gagged from the smoke and to think I used to be there, YUCK!!!! Needless to say I will spend this weekend INDOORS! Have a great one Everyone! Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 12, 2009 1:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Essie, you have bone chilling weather by you. We usually never get that cold.

I am enjoying the places I go to to be smoke free since Dec. 1. The smokers are saying the ones that don't smoke should go outside. Gee, they can get indignant.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: December 12, 2009 1:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara
Just a little cool here in Everett, Washington. It is 25, no snow or ice tonight. It is suppose to snow Sunday and Monday. Let it come, have some wood next to the fire place, can use the central heat cheaper, but the fire place sure makes it more comfortable to the mood.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: December 12, 2009 1:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold here - 20's but not as windy today - yesterday was crazy weather-wise. Expect a cold weekend here - but no accumulation of snow in the forecast - just a chance of flurries.

I'm making cookies for a church bake sale - packaging starts tomorrow - and sales Saturday after evening mass - and on Sunday morning too. The women's guild made lady-locks and biscotti in mass quantities to sell . And most members will donate something they made to the sale as well.i

I also want to get some Christmas decorating done this weekend - but up the tree - made some lights in the windows and I need to do some shopping too - and write some cards...and clean the house, and do laundry, get to the library and work out at Curves, and do some yoga on Sunday. Wow...too much to jam into two days!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 12, 2009 3:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim and Mary.

Jim, the fireplace sounds cozy. How do you like Washington?

Mary, you always stay so busy. Baking cookies sounds like fun.

I ate breakfast out this morning. I don't know what happened to my friend who was going to meet me out for breakfast.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: December 12, 2009 7:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BK, sorry I've been absent for a bit. This was the last week of fall semester and I had to finish some major exams and papers and stuff. Today I've spent the day sorting paper in my study room and trying to get it organized to start the next semester in January.

Here in the piney woods of North Florida, it's raining and cold (for us) -- high 50. So we've stayed in today also.

See you tomorrow! Wink

Rusty

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 13, 2009 12:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Rusty,

I was wondering what happened to you. Sorting through papers can be time consuming. I wish I had your temperatures. Nice to hear from you.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: December 14, 2009 12:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a terrible sudden ice storm - black ice everywhere this morning - started about 7 am. I woke up hearing a car spinning its wheels trying to get up the little hill in front of my house. I knew I wouldn't be going out when the salt truck slide off the road. Shocked Some major accidents in the area - and some main roads were closed so they could clean up the accidents - many fender-benders. I was supposed to be helping with the bake sale at church at 8 am- but didn't take a chance on the roads - the cars on my road looked like they were bumper cars or dodge-ems. I watched one driver get out of his car and nearly fell with the ice on the road. Stayed home and baked and unpacked christmas decorations - and partially assembled my tree.... Musical Note its begining to look a lot like Christmas! Musical Note

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 14, 2009 12:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh Mary, ice storms are bad. Did the current go out for anyone? The last ice storm we had we lost our current for 5 days. I'm glad you stayed inside all safe and warm and cozy.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 14, 2009 9:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yikes! Shocked

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: