quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do you Deal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: January 16, 2010 9:16 PM    Post subject: How do you Deal? Reply with quote

With insensitive people. Let me tell you about my day which is a trigger.

Scroll down.

As some of you already know I have had a lot of trouble with the people I know in my life standing by me and being supportive. I have one best friend named Shirley and a half sister that I've never met that have been good for me. Shirley is Bi-polar and is an alcoholic which makes it hard for her to have to deal with really stressful moments. She had got caught shoplifting while drinking last year and as a result ended up paying a bondsman her rent money due for a few months. She has a court date coming up to be evicted. She's working on it and chances are she still has a chance to keep her apartment but she still keeps getting the threatening letters from the landlord. Shirley was put on some meds last Tuesday which has a side affect of being suicidal. She has not been sleeping hardly any since. She's been there for me big time and is very understanding of me. I love her like a sister. The people I know from Hanks have nothing good to say about Shirley. They always put her down. Today I told one of them not to put my best friend down anymore. I told the woman that Shirley has done more for me than she has or anyone else I know and that they should not pass judgement on Shirley.

[COLOR="Red"]Trigger[/COLOR]
Today Shirley took about 80 Ativans. I called 911 right away when I went to her house and found out. I nearly had a asthma attack while on the phone with the dispatcher because I was so upset. The whole scene was very upsetting to me and I could not stop shaking for a few hours afterwards. To have 2 of the Hanks people not really think about how bad I felt to comfort me but instead dismiss it. One could not talk cause he was on the way out to church. The other one could only tear down my friend Shirley which only angered me. She said she has no sympathy for people who do such things as they are only doing it for attention. I debated her and after she kept arguing with me I finally ended up getting mad at her. How do you deal with such insensitve people? This woman didn't think about how upset I was but instead had to tear down my best friend. I really feel so all alone with so many insensitive people in my life. I just wanted to be comforted and soothed, not to argue. But for some reason the people from Hanks think they know better than me and need to tell me something I don't know that they think they know.

Shirley was given the charcoal stuff to make her secrete the pills and is alright now. Of course she's in the hospital on the psych ward but now I can relax for now except for some people who want to argue with me and put down my best friend.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 17, 2010 12:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Barbara)) - hang in there....take it one day at a time!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: January 17, 2010 12:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGS Barbara

Hope your friend gets the help she needs
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2010 1:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear those people are that way, barbara, and sorry to hear about shirley. hope she recovers quickly. (((you)))

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: January 17, 2010 2:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mary, Debbie, and Kevin. I stayed up all night last night and turned all that anger and frustration into doing something constructive. I composed some letters and sent one to Obama, my U.S. representitive, my local newspaper, and the U.S. Mental Health of something. I have to speak out about the the people in the local government who run mental health clinics not being qualified and about how all they are concerned about is getting kick backs from the Federal goverment for frivilous programs. As a result of that the mentally ill do not get the help that they really need. I could probably write a book on all the crap that goes on within mental health clinics that are ethnically wrong. I was strong enough to help myself out of such a system and take care of my own mental health but most are not. My freind Shirley spoke with a Crisis worker at the Mental Health clinic the day before she took the overdose. I heard Shirley tell them a half a dozen times that she wasn't sure she would not kill her self. Well, hello Crisis! The people that handle such calls only have 6 months training which hardly makes them qualified to handle someone in crisis. I've had a bad experience with Crisis when I was first separated from my husband and had little money to live on. They were absolutely no help to me either.

This country needs to be made aware more of people with mental disabilities. People just don't care though. Mental illness is taboo for most people to get involved even though most people know at least one loved one with a mental illness. Families are ashamed of their relatives with a mental illness and just want to sweep the issue under the rug.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 17, 2010 9:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{{{Barbara}}}}}}

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: January 18, 2010 1:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Essie.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: