quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ONE MORE TRY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: January 29, 2010 12:59 AM    Post subject: ONE MORE TRY Reply with quote

Hi, I'm at it again.I quit smoking for 3 months then lost it over stress, health money etc & thought one wont hurt. I can handle it. I was so determined & honestly thought this was the quit that would finally stick. Then my computer died on me. Naturally it had to happen right before Christmas & I have 8 grandkids to buy for, so it had to wait. I'm finally back ready to try again. Even with all the info I've learned about quiting over & over,without support & a ocassional kick in the butt, I ended up right back into old habits. It's been a rough couple months but I honestly feel ready to try again. I'm hoping Kevin doesnt lock the doors on me,( I promise I'll be good & not mention the word fat-ass) Im looking forward to meeting all the newbies & my old buddies. I've been doing alot of reading after being computer-deprived for a couple months & although I havent set a date yet, It wont be too far off. Laney

Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain. author unknown
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: January 29, 2010 2:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Laney! You can do it!

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2010 8:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laney - Three months was a great accomplishment...you can build on that experience...always learning and never quit quitting...go for it Laney!! Kevin leaves the light on...keep coming back!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2010 10:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home, Laney. You've been missed. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 2:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, as long as you're not going to say "fat-ass" any more... Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 3:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome back! It's nice meeting a newbie Matt. I have been reading your postings since you signed on & it's helped me alot. Your signature says it all & has a real meaning to me. I'm so glad some of the quiters hung around to help us screw ups & give me the kick I need so often. Kevin, I promise no more fat ass . Actually I believe it was the word lard-ass anyway, is that ok?? I'm going to use the patches to start. I know most think that's cheating but the way I figure it, I'll be getting the nicotine but not all the inhaled smoke & the poisons. I'm so tired of the smoke smell in the house & the horrible coughing. My husband smokes too & I havent told him i'm planning another quit. I'm not the nicest person for a couple weeks & I make him go outside to light up. He'll figure it out when all the ash trays start dissapearing! Laney

Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain. author unknown
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 5:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad my posts have been helpful Smile. The quote in my signature was something I stumbled across. I love wayne dyer. Everyone here has helped me so much.

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 5:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Laney! If the patch helps, I say use it. Oh, and feel free to come here often for the butt-kicking, that should help too. Wink

Essie
4/14/04
nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 6:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back,

It may take several attempts but once you get it sorted its really worthwhile.

Hope you can make this one the one, as you have found just one is all that it takes to reignite the addiction, and the aim is to become a non smoker not an occasional one.

Good luck

Nic

jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 8:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep this in mind, maybe this will help Laney.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: January 31, 2010 3:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the art work Jim, I dont think it would work above my davenport or bed, but it definately gets the point across. I got my patches today & Im trying to figure out this new computer with windows 7. everything is so different, im totally lost! I have a few different cd's that I bought to listen to,that helps with quiting. i'm trying to figure it out so I can download them to my mp3 player & listen to it when i go to bed. They helped before & I need all the help I can get! I usually send a pm to every one whos taken the time to help me but I've been so busy I just havent had the time. So for now,thanks everybody, you all rock!!! Laney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: