quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

anybody else notice this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 8:10 AM    Post subject: anybody else notice this? Reply with quote

I'm on week 6 and noticing a lot of changes in my food habits and cravings...

Before i started smoking I ate pretty healthy, I've always been a veggie person, even as a kid and I ate less red meat and more seafood. I smoked for about a year and half, so I still remember my non smoker days pretty well

After starting smoking I started eating a lot more fast food and junky food. I never connected the two together; I just assumed it was because of a busy lifestyle and laziness. But I'm wondering if they are connected somehow.

Now that I'm past hellish cravings and feeling pretty good I'm noticing I'm also eating a lot healthier without trying. Similar to my non smoking days. Maybe its being able to taste food again; but I'm actually cravings fruits and veggies.

The most random one was steamed broccoli with lemon juice over it. We had no broccoli so I had to make a trip to the store. I guess its better than a cig craving.

I'm curious is anyone's food tastes shifted like this after they quit?

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 5:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can't help much there. I just know chocolate started tasting VERY good for me and it shows! Smile

Essie
4/14/04
nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: January 30, 2010 7:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are doing something fantastically positive for your body by quitting smoking, whether consciously or unconsciously you will want to amplify that good work.

Many of the quitters I know have started exercising more or improved their diet, but not all, some find that they have replaced the supposed reward of smoking smoking with treats when I say reward of smoking I of course meen the perceived reward as its just a relief from nicotine cravings and just another lie that nicotine tells us.

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 24, 2010 12:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm like Essie about the chocolate. I do not eat it like at 1st though.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: