quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Well Crap !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 2, 2010 10:52 PM    Post subject: Well Crap !!!! Reply with quote

I had to have some test ran...MRI...Sonagram...bloodwork...dang, kept having the out of body type feelings...really weird...thought they may be panic attacks (probably from my younger days >lol)....turns out that I have a less than 50% blockage in my left carotid artery, moderate COPD...will start on zocor to help control my cholesterol which was 131 of the bad guys....and I thought I was doing good Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Stress is a bad boy people....looks like it is going to give me a hard time....my daughter and kids are living with me at the present and she is fixing to go through a very spirited divorce.

Have I thought of smoking? Are you serious??? If I thought I could have enough lung function to do a battle, I would take on the tobacco companies...no one should have to live with what I know first hand is coming. My father died of multi infarct dementia and also had carotid artery disease. So if you are still smoking, I would quit ...the alternative is not very becoming.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 2, 2010 11:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 3, 2010 1:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kay - one day at a time...deal with what you have some control over - and leave everything else in God's hands....

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 3, 2010 10:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary's right, Kay, You're doing all you can, now put it in God's hands. He's there for you as He is for all of us.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 3, 2010 11:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{Kay}}}

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 3, 2010 12:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ya'll, but like the COPD diagnosis, I think I already knew I had this one too...it explains so much...mainly the anger and tiredness....but hey, I am still kicking so not to worry....my mother in law is 92 and has had coronary artery disease for years....I will not let it beat me without one heck of a fight....back to excerising, diet and meds...Yuk...I hate the meds... Laughing Laughing just gonna change my screen name to "CLUNKER". Laughing
kAY

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 3, 2010 1:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

The way I feel today I feel like a clunker. Good for you for fighting against the health set backs.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 4, 2010 1:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((kay)))

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 5, 2010 10:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all...I am going to be just fine....it was the shock of the disease word that through me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ...don't feel any different except that I must start to face the fact that the OLD LADY in the mirror is really me after all...for darn...thought I could out run her also... Laughing Laughing oh well, clogged pipes, sagging bumpers, dragging rearend, overheating water pump, flat tires and dim lights...what did ya'll expect...after all I am in the parts business.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kay Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: