quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

7 weeks smoke free and suddenly getting horrible cravings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: February 4, 2010 7:40 AM    Post subject: 7 weeks smoke free and suddenly getting horrible cravings Reply with quote

(my rant about how I'm feeling tonight)

I don't know what it is, but the past couple days i've been cravings similar to my first week. I have no idea why, for the most part I have not been craving at all and enjoying all the extra time.

I'm noticing that my mind is playing tricks on me, little pesky thoughts about 'just one' or 'maybe one of those flavored cigars wouldn't hurt'. I've been re-reading my old posts and watching videos about what smoking does to your body. I realize that I must be allowing these thoughts to linger, otherwise they would be gone already. These cravings have no power and maybe I'm giving them power. I'm not giving up 7 weeks of invested time for not smoking. smoking is NOT a option!!!

I can BREATHE, I don't smell like a ashtray. I feel much more alive.

I guess I need to keep track of my progress:

You've been free of cigarettes for 48 days, 5 hours, 33 minutes & 0 seconds

You have not smoked 916 cigarettes since then, and you have saved a total of $274.92.

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: February 4, 2010 3:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boogie! I feel so much better and SO glad I didn't smoke. Another possible exit passed by.

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 4, 2010 9:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you for snapping out of it! You really don't want to go back to square one, do you? Keep kicking the door shut, don't let those thoughts in. Let me send you a little help...

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 5, 2010 1:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on tight - the roller coaster ride still has a few twists and turns and bumps - but you've got a terrific start...think about those first days of the struggling to break free...keep moving forward - just one day at a time...

I always promised I'd just get through the day - and could choose differently in the morning - but things look different in the morning - and you start off free and promise to finish the day free...just one day at a time! You are doing GREAT!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 6, 2010 12:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's something in this tale that may help, matt:

http://talesfromthequit.com/dealing-with-stress

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: