quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thanks To You All

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: February 16, 2010 12:11 AM    Post subject: Thanks To You All Reply with quote

Again I would like to say thank you for all of your postings about my Mom's passing. Got home this evening after spending a week with my family in San Diego celebrating my Mother's life. Her Memorial Service could not have been better. I know my Father will still have to overcome some moments, but the service brought smiles to his face and joy to his heart knowing his significant other is finally at peace and free of the horrible alzheimers that invaded her body and stripped her of her dignity.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.

Last edited by jimotter on February 16, 2010 7:39 PM; edited 1 time in total
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 16, 2010 11:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's nice to spend time with family; even when the occasion isn't the happiest. i'm glad you all had the opportunity to spend that time together with your dad, remembering your mom and celebrating her life.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 16, 2010 8:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((((Jim)))))

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 17, 2010 1:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family time..and supporting each other through difficult days...grieving is hardwork...take time and move through the process - everyone deals with grief in their own way... You and you family are in my prayers! (((Jim)))

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 17, 2010 10:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I can relate to you in how you are looking at this. My heart goes out to you and your family. I took care of an old neighbhor who had cancer and felt the same way with him. My mom had dementia which is a form of alheizmers so I can relate there also. Hugs to you and your dad. You have my deepest sympathy.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: