quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TGIF 3-19-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 12:01 AM    Post subject: TGIF 3-19-10 Reply with quote

Very Happy Happy Luneversray to Kevin and Jim today.

I don't have any plans for the weekend yet. Today I will be going to Wally World to get some speakers for my computer. I need to watch a video on DVD and my computer is the only way I can play it but I'll need speakers 1st.

The weather has been so nice lately. How's the weather by you all?

I have 2 different people coming in my home to care for me for 2 weeks after my surgery. I will get them both cheap but it will still hurt me financially.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 5:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Well, a friend of mine came by with a nice cart to give to me to set my micro wave on. I asked him if he wanted any money for it and he said no. I am so thankful that I have people in my life that look out for me since my family don't. Well, my half sister whom I've never met would but she's 3,000 miles away.

It looks like I will be setting up my kitchen differently this weekend now that I have the cart to sit the micro wave on. My new boyfriend Cocky will be out of town at his daughter's house this weekend. We were going to see one another tonight but I'm going to take a rain check with him.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 9:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was nice of your friend, barbara! the weather's nice here, too - 68 and sunny this afternoon - tonight we took our neighbor to dinner (well, i drove, but he insisted on picking up the check, and it's not polite to argue with your elders - he's 89 - so we let him). Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 10:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I think that Spring has sprung all over Kevin. That sounds like fun what you both did taking the man out to dinner.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 20, 2010 10:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing too special on my agenda - but I'll really like being at home for the weekend - I've been away for the last two - and my house looks like I abandoned it...I need to unpack, put away the suitcase, do laundry, clean bathrooms and sort through mail. And get in some exercise - Curves today and yoga tomorrow - and if the pretty sunshine holds I hope to take a long walk on Sunday afternoon. Need to start training for the Pittsburgh Marathon - which will be the first Sunday in May! Beautiful blue skies, and sunshine here! Have a great weekend everyone!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 20, 2010 12:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary, I will be staying home mostly this weekend also to get things done. i hope the sunshine holds out for you. It has been nice weather here lately. Today the sun is shinning bright.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: