quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Virginia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 1:31 PM    Post subject: Virginia Reply with quote

Well went to Virginia and it was... not fun. First the bus broke down in Maryiland and we had to wait for a bus to come out of Washington DC to pick us up.. Missed all my connections and had to be re routed several times. Was suppost to arrive in Norfolk at 2 45 pm and didn't get there till well after 7. Took a taxi to the hotel and checked in .. first thing I noticed about the hotel room is that it smelled musty and as I put my bags down... what do I see.... a black spider v.v... Wonderful start. My friend was working and would be for the next 3 days so I was amusing myself playing WoW on my computer and catching up on my greeter duties. Finally got caught up on them... He showed up at 4 am on that thursday morning and it was nice to spend time with him but he had to go back to work and his ... bitch fiancee... Yep I said that right I can't stand her. Well the day came he could come and spend the time with me. but he didn't get there till late. and it was sad that we didn't get much time to uorselves because the woman I PAID FOR to come showed up the next day when she was suppose to so here it is the 3 of us in the hotel room (thank god there waws 2 beds). We spent a week int hat hotel... It sucked so we decided to move to the one that I had stayed at the first time I went down..( kingsized bed we all slept in) tHAT WAS COOL but we all got sick. and slept the rest of the time She left the 9th and I left the 10th.. So itwas just a nasty vacation. I would of liked to have spent more time alone with my freind. WE did discover a GREAT restaurnt that was attched to the first hotel we were in. The had the juciest and most tender chicken I have ever ate and their cheescake was to die for. The strawberries they put on them tasted fresh picked YUM!!!! but the cost of two people eathing there was 48,.00 and the 3 of us eating htere was 66. Over all.. I gues it was ok.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 4:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

How are things between you and your friend now? I understood this trip to be goodbye trip to him?

For the price of that meal I'm sure that the chicken was really tender. A decent restuarant here in Richmond will be $10 and up on the menu. I think it is expensive also. I can get meal and drink at the bar by me for $6 when they have lunch specials but that is dirt cheap.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 9:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome home, leona! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 20, 2010 2:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Never did get to the point where we said good bye although I almost came home early. I told him that I was thinking of it and he all but begged me not to. Things between him and I are still not good but we shall see what happens. I am more or less keeping my distance to keep my sanity and make certain that I dont' get hurt AGAIN. My mother is pushing for me to get back togetehr with the X fiance and I dont' know that I want to do that.

Kevin,

Thank you for the welcome home. For all its down falls it was good to be back in MY bed.

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 20, 2010 11:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear it was not the vacation you expected. But I think things happen for a reason - with patience and time you may come to understand the why.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 20, 2010 9:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well today while I was texting the guy... He tells me he is going to marry his fiancee tuesday and that we will stay close... do I want to ? I dont' know. I know it was like a blow to my heart even though i knwo he is a player and that she will never be truely in his heart as none of us are.... It still hurt for some reason. Mayhbe I should of never taken that vacation for the hurt and unhappiness of it is still following me here. I will just crawl into my bed... pull the covers over my head and forget about the world I think... I am tired of trying and dealing with it all..Quiting smoking was easy compaired to this.

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 21, 2010 7:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{Leoan}}}}

It sounds like it's best to move on from this guy now. Gosh do I ever know it is hard to do from experience. Give someone else the chance to care for you like you do this guy. It'll be a much better relationship then and you'll be much happier.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 21, 2010 3:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

There is no one in this god forsaken town to do that. l I am eitehr stuck alone, or with the X fiance who is talking about moving out either way... I am alone... And yes it is hard more then hard.

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 21, 2010 7:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, if there is no one in your town move to another one. You were going to move to be with the guy in Norforlk so why not move to broaden your pickings for another man? I know it hurts and is hard but it can be done. Do you see a therapist where you can get some more intense support? I am worried about you. Email me if you want to talk about it more.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: